Another Newbie from Perth, WA

opticon

Hey guys/girls,

Found the forum through reading through a DJ thread on the OCAU forums :)

I purchased some 350 CDJ's\mixer and traktor X1 a couple of months ago after spending a night at my mates house playing on his CDJ 2000's (Really thinking of upgrading to them soon). Got my mate to teach me a few things and went with him to watch a live set at a local nightclub, but apart from that I've just been searching through youtube videos, reading tutorials and practising. Currently using traktor but wanting to go pure deck\mixer with rekordbox or something to manage my library via USB\CD only as I dont like the idea of the pc stuffing up half way through (having issues with that now).

Always had a keen interest in music but never played any instruments, used to mess around on my high school 'radio' at lunch times years ago, messing with songs but never did anything with it. Mainly listen to grunge\rock music but been slowly getting into dance over the past few years. Apparently I've got a semi-decent ear for it, just need to practise practise practise, no intention of doing gigs or anything at this stage, it's just some fun so I stop working so much and beats sitting on the couch watching boring TV :)

Cheers,

Dev

Welcome man. Plenty of good info on this forum. Just search the beginner section or make a thread with your questions

What genre of dance music are you liking the most?

Probably Club\house the most, bits of everything really. if I like the song I'll add it to my library

welcome braaah

where bouts in perth you from man?

NOR, Morley area. How bout yourself?

further north than you aye, up in quinns rocks

way further north than me lol I'm actually in Alexander Heights until the end of next week then I go back to Morley. I hate living in AH compared to Morley, not that much futher but traffic makes it annoying when I'm coming home from work in Subi

welcome braaah

way further north than me lol I'm actually in Alexander Heights until the end of next week then I go back to Morley. I hate living in AH compared to Morley, not that much futher but traffic makes it annoying when I'm coming home from work in Subi

ahh true that bro, what do ya do?

welcome braaah

IT Systems Administrator for a mining company, 50% of the sites I look after in different countries\timezones so makes my working hours a PITA sometimes. How about yourself?

welcome braaah

IT Systems Administrator for a mining company, 50% of the sites I look after in different countries\timezones so makes my working hours a PITA sometimes. How about yourself?

nice man, well i only finished school last year and done an electrical pre app last semester so just waiting to find an apprenticeship but just work as a delivery driver at dominos for now haha