Can someone point out the bad points.

evaider

Gday mate.

You won't get smart arse replies around here, its a good community, unlike alot of the other DJ forums.

As for that setup I don't know alot about the mixdeck, but from looking at it, it is an all-in-one system - one that has mixer and platters built in, and you just plug an iPod into it and away you go. I would steer clear of these, as they are generally a lower quality unit. If your looking for a cheap start in DJing and can't afford cd players and a mixer, consider a midi controller. These are similar to what you posted above, however you plug the unit into a computer with a usb cable, and it controls DJ software running on the computer. This is the cheap and easy way to get into Djing.

As for myself, I learnt on a Numark Mixtrack Pro - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Numark-Mixtr ... 35b3ffb28b

This was a good little unit to learn on and get the basics down before i progressed onto some more advanced equipment. There are many other midi controller units, this is just one that I have used

Hope this helps

lol poor guy must of posted on ITM

Hahahaha, so true. Most forums are full of wankers who hate newbies.

Anyway, yer for the price of the mixtrack pro you won't be dissappointed, has traktor bundled which is alot better software then Virtual DJ (which most entry level controllers come with).

Mmm...depends where you want to end up as a Dj.

The unit you pictured it more of a 'traditional' Dj set up with two integrated CDJs and a mixer. In order to mix on one of these you will need to learn to beat mix (ie match the bpm track with the one thats already playing). Its a skill that takes a lot of practice but it relatively easy to learn (probably why its on sale after two weeks).

The second set up is a digital Dj system where the software will do the beatmatching for you (ie 'sync'). You can start mixing straight out of the box (but will still need to learn some other very important skills).

If you know in your heart Dj'ing is for you, get the first system (or better still, save your money and buy some better CDJs and a mixer). If your not really sure, go the second set up and see how you go. It will get you up and running and you can always upgrade later.

Ahh the dreaded mdex...

I would stay away from this unit as well, again due to the quality issues this unit has. Soldios owns one of these, but ended up upgrading. If he sees this he will be able to tell you more about it than i can though.

For the price range your looking at it i'd say your better off either going with a midi controller, or if the budget can allow, maybe squeeze out a pair of cheap cdjs and a mixer. But this also depends on how serious you want to take it (or think you will).

Ok, the mdex

Its fairly sturdy (as far as plastic goes) and it does the basics, but don't expect any more than that.

There alright for house party's, but thats pushing it, it also has pitch issues so beat matching with it is near impossible.

It seems like a good all in one, but it is one of the most basic controllers on the market. I wish I had decided on a mixtrack pro instead

I found my DDJ S1 for $950 on ebay a month ago and have been having a ball ever since...

Also the layout of it is exactly the same as they use in most of the clubs just a little smaller, which gives you the relief of knowing that if you get really good at it your halfway there... since its a midi controller, everything is in one neat package..

all you need is a laptop, or any computer for that matter, bought a few little extras that converted the plug in the back of the ddj to go to my computer speakers for a about 20 bucks and i was ready to go...

great kit to let you hit the ground running

cdj 350s or 400s are an excellent starting point, a fair few people on here use them i'm pretty sure.

They are the same layout to the higher end models, with smaller jogs, smaller screens and lack some of the higher end features. However very sufficient to get some skills up on

the 350's are great, so good to learn on and like mitch said same set up as the high end models. I just sold mine recently for around 1500 but you can get sets much cheaper than that now second hand.. also the sickest feature on the 350 mixer is the ability to record your mixes straight to usb (pretty sure Gandy has said about this 1,000,000,000,000 times already) ha but seriously its a great feature that no other pioneer mixer has. you won go wrong with either the 350's or 400's.