Recording with audacity

dechnician

Two main things to check:

-make sure you used record out on back of mixer

-make sure you use line in input on computer, NOT mic input. Mic input has a different gain adjustment than a line in input

So you plug it into the input next to headphone input? that's what the sticky about recording said?

audacity should have an input meter on the toolbar. You want to watch that to make sure you never clip. If you are using an output that has a volume control, set it as loud as you can whilst never hitting the top.

if you are using mic in it'll be pretty clear from watching that meter.

• 4 weeks later...

cupe now you using tsp you can record via the audio 8.

(and from memory you already put the booth/ record out from your mixer into 5/6). all you need now is to specify the recording preferences, i.e. let it know 5/6 is what to record and specify how big you want the files to be before it auto splits it. id suggest picking the biggest (i think 2GB) as it records in wav.

then you just hit record on the top right, check your levels arent hitting red. i need to turn gain on the software record about to 1 else it comes out too soft.