CDJ vs Software Control, which would suit me more?

Gonz

Hi,

I'm very new to DJ'ing and am moving out of home so I will no longer have access to my Sister's Numark Mixtrack.

My question is should I buy a similar software control like the Mixtrack Pro or should I buy CD J's and a mixer?

-I Would rather spend less than $800 if possible as I will be at Uni and have very limited money.

-If I can dedicate enough time to practice I do eventually hope to play at parties.

-I play guitar and often dedicate time to that in place of DJ'ing.

What hardware would you guys recommend and where is the best place to buy it? I'd rather buy new as I'm not confident enough to pick up faults in second hand gear.

Thanks for taking the time,

Gonz

Great info and opinions. From what I've read Denon DN-MC6000 sounds like the way to go. If any one has any objections I'd be grateful for saving me the heart ache?

I just can't wait to have it set up and to build a decent music collection.

Advice much appreciated guys,

Peace

controller is the way to go for what you want, it's pretty much the same boat I was in.

I've got the denon mc6000 and I love it. I had the kontrol S4 and took it back due to audio problems I had with it.

The S4 was really good, but I much prefer the denon, especially with it being made out of metal instead of plastic. I did a review and comparison on here somewhere that I'll try and find.

in terms of mapping, the denon comes with full mapping for Traktor

No though if I go for the mc3000 or s2 I will probably have around $200 for monitors. I'm running a mixtrack through my hifi system at the moment

which is probably a bad idea

nah using your hifi system is plenty unless you going to play out or have your kit in a massive room (well depending on your hifi. im sure my technics hi fi could crank a decent size room)

I'm running Traktor 2 but not a legit version. Will this cause me any headaches? Can't stomach $700 on mixing software

You will get a real copy of Traktor when you buy the controller. I think you get the LE version with the mc6000, which you can then upgrade to pro for not too much.

People always seem to have problems with pirated software. Besides we can't endorse it on the forums or assist with issues on pirated software, especially because a lot of the problems would be caused by not having a real copy.

Sony Muteki is what I've got it's not amazing but nice quality.

Thanks guys the upgrade is the way to

go I do hate using pirated software.

So the denon mc I guess it should be haha

Now it's whether I forkout extra for the mc 6000 or stick with 3000.

Guys you are saving me from some bad decisions I really appreciate it

You've all sold me on it.

Ordering the DN-MC6000.

Final question, does it work well as a stand alone mixer?

Thanks for all the advice, I can see this is gonna be a great forum.

Hopefully I'll have some half decent mixes up by the middle of Feb for you guys to have a geez at

lol i know it's kinda too late for my opinion but it's 5am, i can't sleep at all so i was watching some videos from NAMM and i saw this

"less than $500" (in america)

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/NUM-MIXDECKEXPR

$829, flexibility of controls, CDJs AND USB. Cost less then a pro system. And only $30 dollars above your budget

question: umad bro? :teef:

EDIT: It's not even in stock yet but you should check out it's younger brother, the Mixdeck. Same as the Express but it's a) In Stock and B) allows ipod integration but only for recording. I don't think you can add songs from you own ipod. I'm probably to late to voice my opinion huh :roll:

Meh, he was looking for CDJs or Controller. I was just showing him the options. like I said, too late to voice my opinion :)

and anyways if he buy an $800 CDJs + Mixer pack, he'd probably get crappy ones like the CDJ 200. so even if he did buy the mixdeck, it'd probably be more worth it.