Cars for carting your gear

Willow89

why would you tow a trailer when you can get a car that fits everything in it?

Then you don't have to unload everything when you get home, or load it up before you go there.

I wouldn't be leaving my gear in a trailer where it can so easily get stolen, and only has to get a tiny leak and water can get in it, when you can load it into a car in 10 mins.

Even if you lock it, 4 crundys could lift a trailer onto their own bigger trailer. Or just drill the locks out and steal all your shit

Goodbye gear

Yep I've herd of this happening... or one snip with a pair of bolt cutters and its gone...

My trailer is water tight, and is locked to the car with re-enforced steel, when the trailer isn't on, it has a safety hitch on the trailer.

it can't be locked to the car with reinforced steel.... just the tow hitch and a chain.... all that's holding the tow hitch closed should be a tiny padlock that you could break with bolt cutters... and the safety hitch is the same... bolt cutters to the 2 padlocks and its gone.... I'm really sorry dude but I'm a mechanic and live in a bad part of sydney where this stuff you learn at a young age... if your trailer was to be parked overnight on the street here... it would be gone. sorry dude

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL sorry man just the truth... i have a jet ski... its insured for accidents on the water and while i transport it everywhere on the trailer... but not for theft... i don't think trailers are covered for theft so i have chains around the wheels, off the street in the backyard, and heaps of padlocks everywhere... its not stopping them,... all its doing is deterring them and buying me time to fuck them up... now this is off topic lol

• 2 weeks later...

I usually take mums subaru forester to gigs, but its a bit of tetris trying to get everything in

after my NYE gig, my mate picked me up and he has a holden wagon or something.. no tetris required, everything fit in SO easily

based on that, i would consider a wagon

but seeing source fit all that shit into a charade... id say you could go with pretty much ANYTHING, just make sure seats can fold down nicely

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trailer FTW.

Includes big ass lock on the door. Trailer lock over the front so you can't hook a car up. Either kept in a locked garage, or behind a gate behind cars.

And if you reckon you can pick it up - you're joking right? Ever tried dead lifting your entire DJ kit in one? Some quick addition: 40KG sub, 20KG speakers, 25KG winchups, 20KG racks... plus all the schmeg. Plus the weight of the trailer itself!

And failing that - it's all insured :)

Trailer FTW.

Includes big ass lock on the door. Trailer lock over the front so you can't hook a car up. Either kept in a locked garage, or behind a gate behind cars.

And if you reckon you can pick it up - you're joking right? Ever tried dead lifting your entire DJ kit in one? Some quick addition: 40KG sub, 20KG speakers, 25KG winchups, 20KG racks... plus all the schmeg. Plus the weight of the trailer itself!

And failing that - it's all insured :)

both my technics and mixer and case and speakers probably weigh 60 kilos maybe?

i deadlift 140ish?

problem?

In all seriousness, if you dont have access too/dont have the money for/dont have a big enough car a trailer is easily the go, aslong as its locked in a secure garage and its not as if youll be parading the fact you have thousands of dollars of gear in there, so you should be pretty sweet.

if you have an security questions ask me, im a locksmith

its not as if youll be parading the fact you have thousands of dollars of gear in there, so you should be pretty sweet.

This, never throw big parties at your place, always get a mate to do it and cart your gear there.

Make sure your not followed back...