Cars for carting your gear

Willow89

Wasn't quite sure if this was the right spot to post this but its kind of an accessory.

I'm in need of a new car and I thought why not get one I can cart all my audio gear in? My price range is 15-20k so I'm looking at the

-Audi Allroad (awesome twin turbo except it's expensive air suspension )

-Ford explorer (territory I find is a soccer mums car :P)

-Subaru outback (no faults really...)

-BMW x5 (even worse suspension than the allroad, coz its the same as the p38a range rover of the time. Money put under your wheels!!)

Suggestions? Will not get a stagea or legnum as I don't really like them

And commodores/falcons while probably the wise choice, are borrrrringggggg

What do you guys have if any? Or ways you fit your gear into your car?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your best option would be to get a car with a tow bar, and an A frame (Or box) trailer

6x4-trailer-tradesman.jpg

Then all you have to do is drop off your trailer behind you're house when your done, and put the saftey thing on around the hitch.

That's what I do, and it works out great, takes me 9 minutes to get ready that way

Well my mate bought an x5 with 123,000 ks on it for $20500, nothing wron with it at all, had it for 11 months now. Yeah I'm not a fan of the trailer thing, just makes every piece of driving a shit of a thing to do.

Can't do stagea or leggy as they have rust issues big time because of Japan. And I live 3 blocks from the beach so I too have a bitch of a time with rust too.

Wrx wagon could be an idea too

Not a fan of forresters though

why would you tow a trailer when you can get a car that fits everything in it?

Then you don't have to unload everything when you get home, or load it up before you go there.

I wouldn't be leaving my gear in a trailer where it can so easily get stolen, and only has to get a tiny leak and water can get in it, when you can load it into a car in 10 mins.

Even if you lock it, 4 crundys could lift a trailer onto their own bigger trailer. Or just drill the locks out and steal all your shit

Goodbye gear

Then you don't have to unload everything when you get home, or load it up before you go there.

I wouldn't be leaving my gear in a trailer where it can so easily get stolen, and only has to get a tiny leak and water can get in it, when you can load it into a car in 10 mins.

Even if you lock it, 4 crundys could lift a trailer onto their own bigger trailer. Or just drill the locks out and steal all your shit

Goodbye gear

Yep I've herd of this happening... or one snip with a pair of bolt cutters and its gone...

Goodbye gear

Yep I've herd of this happening... or one snip with a pair of bolt cutters and its gone...

My trailer is water tight, and is locked to the car with re-enforced steel, when the trailer isn't on, it has a safety hitch on the trailer.