Thoughts on a referb mac for 1.1k

SolDios

Hey guys :yahoo:

The macbook I want has just popped back up on the referb store for $1100!

I know I make a lot of these, but I just want to get a second oppinion before I spend a large amount of dosh.

http://store.apple.com/au/product/FC700X/A

Processor 2.3 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5

Cache 3MB shared L3 cache

Memory 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 8GB

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory5

Hard disk drive1 320GB Serial ATA, 5400 rpm

Optical drive 8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)

Wireless Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n specification)4 Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology

Expansion One Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps), one FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps), Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps), one SDXC card slot

Video and Audio FaceTime HD camera; Thunderbolt port with support for DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI (requires adapters, sold separately)

Stereo speakers with subwoofer, omnidirectional microphone, combined headphone/line in (supports digital output)

Size and weight Height: .95 inches (2.41 cm)

Width: 12.78 inches (32.5 cm)

Depth: 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)

Weight (standard configuration): 4.5 pounds (2.04 kg)3

I really want to get this as a dedicated dj'ing laptop! and I have been saving for it for ages!

Im not generally interested in the new macbook pro's coming out next month, as I want ethernet and a CD drive. They also are increasing the price of the new mac books.

Before you ask, once the new macbooks come out, these will still be the same price. As apple calculate there referb prices by a percentage off there original RRP.

So should I grab it?

the laptop itself works out to $550 after rebate, but this years one has already been used. So il have a fair gap in my bank till then (not that it matters as my income is very disposable atm).

Still a fair chunk 'o change though, so I was wondering your opinions on it :)

why you worried about spending the money?

when i bought a mac pro when i was studying graphic design all those yrs ago, it cost me about $2800, i managed to get it for $500 cheaper than what it was cause my Auntie got it through her salary sacrifice

at $1100, i wouldnt have even thought so much into it, id have it already, just go for it bro, what you got to lose :thumright:

^ what makes you say that? and 300 off the RRP seems pretty good to me!

I took lloydc's thing into consideration and came out with this.

If I was buying one brand new, I might as well have waited for the new models next month, however these do not have CD drives or Ethernet which are big things for me (We are an Ethernet household cause dad is nuts big on radiation and stuff)

The only thing I don't know about is if the core is sandy bridge or not.

Sol, until the new model at released You don't know what the new models will/won't have. There is no hard evidence to suggest they won't have a cd drive or Ethernet port. Just stupid people making up rumors and speculating on the net.

Hold out.

And IMO try go the 15" so you at least get quad core

il invite him over tonight, drop traktor on it and see how it holds up.

It'll handle traktor no problem.

My pre-historic macbook (7 years old) was running traktor, ableton, pro tools plus all the other everyday bullshit that ends up on the laptop. Never had any problem with that and my current 15" Macbook Pro is running the same stuff even sweeter.

:thumright: