s4 vs ddjt1

Nik469

hey all, i am wanting to leave my cdj 200s and go controller route using traktor. i already have an x1 and have been looking around for a decent controller. i like pio gear, but i have done alot of research and people say s4 is the go.

ddjt1 is $845 atm vs s4 $999 (although includes tp 2.5 upgrade)

has anybody used both these machines, and if so what are your opinions and what should i get.

thanks in advance

N!ck

haven't used either myself, but from what i read it all comes down to personal opinion at the end of the day.

from looking at the two, the s4 looks like it takes more advantage of the features software brings (sample decks etc.), whereas the t1 tries to mimic a more traditional cdj setup with larger pitch faders/jogs and that kind of thing, but less features.

So all personal preference imo, see if you can demo both in a store before you purchase

mainly home use with the odd party here and there.

cant see myself playing in clubs, but you never know :P

ive been DJing for about 4 years now.

i like the ddj t1, but from what ive read, people say they feel cheap and plasticy, others say they are awesome. oh and i live out of town, closest dj shop is a two hour drive so bit hard to go have a play, and ive never seen s4 in shops befoer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...