Used DJM800 vs New Denon DNX1600 vs other suggestions

mattus123

Hey hey

i think its time i upgrade from my 2ch mixer and am looking into a 4ch one. Ive started playing at clubs which so far have all used DJM800s which is pretty much my sole reason for wanting an 800; so i can familiarize myself with it. On further thinking of it though, i can really buy any mixer and if i really want, just hire a DJM800 and practice on it so i know whats all going on with it.

So the question becomes, should i go with a used DJM800 (will make sure its in good condition; will try get for $800 or so) or a new DNX1600. Also happy for other to chuck in other suggestions, keeping in mind that my budget is around the 1k mark, im happy to buy 2nd hand

cheers

djm 800 used is a possibility.

never seen/used/know anything about the dnx1600 so can't comment.

also djm700 is fairly similar to the 800. main difference is there is one filter knob which you select the channel its assigned to with your fx, as opposed to a filter for each channel. might pick one up a bit cheaper and would suffice for home use (i use one at home)

Im now leaning towards a Xone:92, found one on cash converters for 1k. I sent them an email and they said 'The item seems to be unused and had to be taken out of the box to be displayed. Everything in it is in the box'. They also offer a 90 return garantee so if anything is broken i can return it.

What you guys think?

Im now leaning towards a Xone:92, found one on cash converters for 1k. I sent them an email and they said 'The item seems to be unused and had to be taken out of the box to be displayed. Everything in it is in the box'. They also offer a 90 return garantee so if anything is broken i can return it.

What you guys think?

xone mixers are pro as fuck.

i was thinking if i can, buy this xone

and then if need be just hire out a DJM800 for a night and practice with it myself

that way i can familiarize myself with the layout of the DJM without experimenting infront of a live audience

at the end of the day the basic principles of all mixers are the same

we shall see thou :)

i used a xone 62 and hated it... they are quality, but very much not my thing

i'm biased but I still say dnx1600... it's on par with the djm850 and can be had for $1k new.

you'll be happy with either the DJM800 or dnx1600

head down to store dj and check em out