OS X 10.9 Mavericks Released as a free download

Mitch

The Next iteration of OS X has been released completely free to compatible Macs via the Mac App Store.

You can grab the download here -> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/os-x-ma ... d675248567

I haven't been able to download and test compatibility with everything yet, so check online to make sure your apps and devices will work before you update to save any hassles

All new Macs from today will come with it.

And logic will work fine as it's made by apple themselves. They check compatibility & update if needed with their own in-house apps.

I might check out the event on the weekend.. Don't have time until then :okay:

I duno about you but I left it downloading overnight and it has obtained fuck all

Anyone successfully installed this yet?

*edit*

Now every time I click 'download' in the appstores 'purchased' view nothing happens. it just flicks back to 'download'

:okay:

interesting - general feedback so far seems to think this is a smooth upgrade and isn't showing any major problems with:

Ableton https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/mavericks-compatibility/

Serato https://serato.com/forum/discussion/1087089#new

And this thread has details on various platforms including traktor: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=76732&highlight=mavericks

Many users report there are some issues with the power button on all upgraded Macs but which are not related to music software. At first glance they look like users not getting used to small changes.

Personally though - i'm gonna hold on for the weekend. Never upgrade without time to test.

Go to roaringapps.com to check all your apps.

Logic Pro 9 reports it's compatible.

NI haven't updated their site to indicate it is supported yet.

3rd party 32-bit plugins should work as long as you don't upgrade to logic pro x.

Also make sure you check your soundcard is compatible.

I'm holding off for a bit simply because I don't have time to check everything is compatible yet before I upgrade.

• 1 month later...

hey mr school uk.

sorry cant help you on the mail side of things, but is your dj stuff working okay on it. maybe you should record a video and post it up. hmmmm maybe some uptempo sample based hip hop ? just so we know your software is working aiight.

:teef:

also on topic, i can confirm Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.7 seems to be working fine. I had to change the sample rate from 44.1 to whatever the next setting is (44.9? maybe) as there was clipping happening. first I tried increasing the latency, switched off a few of the antennaes but nothing fixed it. once I moved sample rate, crisp as a mofo.

I tehn reduced latency back down to about 5ms, turned on wifi and Bluetooth, and still crisp as a pringle.

hmm, my gmail accounts are all set up as IMAP and the app store shows no updates available.

Still I get issues with mail client and contacts.

Main issue with mail being - I am receiving new mail - subject line shows it is new, but when I open the content area has actually been replaced by something ancient from my server... Very strange indeed. On my other mac (not on mavericks yet) these mails display fine.

Main issue with contacts being - it's just not syncing all.

Perhaps something else at work here?

And yer Eggs, I'm on it ;)