friday shuffle

eggssell

And I get: "tell you" but I dont know who it's by. It's from a vinyl compilation I bought years ago called "disco not disco" and all the artists names have been lost during importing the vinyl to a digital format.

it was by loose joints (according to wiki). looks like an album i could dig, i might have to check it

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ rings a bell mate.... let me know if you dig it, I been running some added 808 kicks and looping bits of it in an effort to make my 1st own re-edit...

today I have...

oh no...

destination calabria: alex gaudinwhale

Ah well, proves two things: I dont lie about what comes up on the friday shuffle, and I have to work with children.

best fred ever ;)

lololol.

alex gaudino had to get his sample from somewhere... This is the 21stC mix he did, was prob ok once or twice but some dick kept playing it after ibiza season and so like so many other disposable pieces of dancefloor filler it's been played to death and has crappy "risque" video to match.

pants IMO.

everyday im snuffling.

snoop dogg ft dat nigga daz, big tray dee - downtown assassins

this was from snoop's sophmore which had people divided. it no longer had the west coast lowriding, 40 ounce, stoner vibe; and had moved into mafioso rap like their east coast counterparts, but with a production sound that would be associated with the dogg pound forever post the dr dre era.

i didnt particularly like the album when it dropped. but five years later appreciated it more, and since loading on my ipod about six years ago keep finding gems on there.the album also introduced badd azz, one of my fave rappers of all time.

having said that downtown assassins was one of two tracks that i liked straight off the bat (the other one was blueberry). the track is a standard story telling mafioso rap, but all three rappers are on point. the scarface copying spoken parts sound a bit played in this day and age but was normal back then (shit 15 years ago)

• 2 weeks later...

nice one defkon, better do one to see out the year

sporty-o - Ill off 808 -WoNK gets ILL remix

awesome electro rap dirty breaks song. sporty-o always adorns other peoples songs, heres one of his own. not sure who provided his beats. this version gets nice and wonky. prob one of my fave sporty-o tracks

• 2 weeks later...

wu-tang clan - Campfire

from the 8 Diagrams LP a few years ago

Method man, Ghostface Killah & Cappadonah providing the lyrics. RZA with his usual Kung Fu movie and dirty sample beat. Curtis mayfield on the sample.

standard wu mafioso story telling, with kung fu theology interludes.

wu-tang clan - Campfire

from the 8 Diagrams LP a few years ago

Method man, Ghostface Killah & Cappadonah providing the lyrics. RZA with his usual Kung Fu movie and dirty sample beat. Curtis mayfield on the sample.

standard wu mafioso story telling, with kung fu theology interludes.

gotta love Wu-Tang Clan.

They aint nuttin to fuck with

*I'll get my coat.

^ hahaha kool keith is a dope whale

aye.

today I get probably the most up to date track I've posted in this thread coz my bro bought me this album for chrimble...

Nice bit of poppy reggae with modern production values by a righteous female vocalist featuring a dope chat by horseman.

I like it, the Mrs likes it, the afternoon chill sessions like it.

Especially loving the bubbling riddim guitar.

What's not to like ?