friday shuffle

eggssell

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jack johnson - what you thought you need [live version]

this was from his live cd w dvd from a couple years back.

i first came across jack johnson about ten years ago when my roomie passed me a cd to pop in while we drove around roof off, most likely to the beach or sunday dranks (pretty sure it was his second one on and on)

loved it straight away and it stayed on rotation for a bit. it had little ditties, his normal folk surf rock, some more upbeat blues beat tracks, and even had a rapper on a track.

i found out all about him being a surfer, movie producer heaps later.

this track is one of his typical folk rock.

• 2 weeks later...
2 times in a row, 2 weeks apart lol, he must be that much of a good producer :P

can i assume you are using itunes or an apple idevice to shuffle?

Because then its just apples stupid concept of random shuffle (which means play songs that have been played more over and over while ignoring others).

I had a playlist going yest of about 550 tracks (pretty much all ive bought in the last month) and it plays 3 tracks frm one album in a row. If i wanted to listen to that album i wouldve played that album!!!!

friday kerfuffle time

fly society - gimme that

fly society is the rap group/ record label/ skate brand of skater Terry Kennedy. their tracks were usually hit or misses. they really only got exposure when they were beefing (which seemed to be monthly). their beats are minimal hip hop beats of the non-pop neptunes style (kind of like the neptunes productions for the clipse).

this one aint too bad but def not exactly anything special. female on hook & 3 verses. suprisingly tk can spit, or it could be just is husky voice is a good rap voice.

now the goocher is i probably havent heard one of their tracks for six months or more. and this morning i decided to wear a fly society T to work, and then this track comes on........ Y U SPY ON ME APPLE

Its still friday in perth!!!

The jet age of tomorrow - 5th echelon

A part of the odd future collective,consisting of matt martians (frm the internet) and hal williams. This crew has some very forward thinking music on their EP.

This track, a very simple sample laden track is very much the mood of the album (which i love)

nelly furtado - say it right

Yes nelly furtado beehatches! Im actually a big furtado fan from when she first dropped. Her first album was great, kind of hip hop smoothed out on an rnb tip with a pop feel, but without the rapping. The remix of turn off the lights is one of my fave tracks of all time of all time. And i think she is just a great singer and did a lot of great hooks for other artists. check out any track with furtado as guest as she pretty much stole the track.

This track not particularly one of my faves. It was a timbaland produced track similar to what he was doing at that time. I.e. Less bass (not sure if before or post when he invented dubstep), very monotonic melody, with african/ eerie background vocal drops

Yes nelly furtado beehatches!

only thing I've ever really paid any attention to was the 'maneater' instrumental. 2manyDJ's dropped it in the Slam Tent at T in The Park years ago. Sounded pretty awesome on a big system and also worked nicely with Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400 which they dropped after NF.

One of those moments that stands out from the million other moments.

aquasky - taken over me

From their last full length raise the devil. I suck at genres but is it dnb with a breaky feel?

Anyways i love aquasky, have for a few yrars now. First finding them on a booty tech hunt. They do any of the breakbeat ish and bass genres.

bliss n esso - royal flush

an upbeat random lyric happy song from their last album (EDIT: actually it was from their 2008 Flying Colours not from Running On Air). I like this one, not a party track but more a feel good clicking fingers carlton dancing type song. Very nice moving bass line. ism on point with his wigga wigga as usual

"they call me cosmic cowboy, kookaburra killer..."