Sup Sup its Dawson =)

DJDL

Hey everyone,

My name is Chris Dawson and im getting into the world of DJ'ing. I have purchased the new iCD DJ from Newmark but am waiting on delivery from Store DJ. Im going to use the headphones provided and my surround sound in the lounge =). The next big thing i will purchase will most probably be TRAKTOR to use with my laptop.

Music i love playing is just a massive variety but i do love HOUSE and most of its varients. What i would like to bring to this is being part of the evolution of club music and bringing more LYRICS into clubs . . . just short verses that make your juices flow =)

Looking forward to chatting to everyone.

Peace

Dawson

Well... what I meant was that lyrical music>music that can be recognised> Pop music> Top 40... is being pushed into clubs.

They're doing it because all the girls with ADD wont dance unless they've heard the song a hundred times. Most DJs, like me, hate this music. Its unoriginal and boring, club owners dont care, they just want more money. So now DJs are getting less of an artistic license and more of a guideline when they play.

This is the extreme situation, but it is happening.

two different things in my opinion

yeah if promoters pushing for top 40 tracks and limiting a djs scope to weave their magic that blows

on the other hand im loving my vocal house and its not all top 40. kingdom, remady, that older track by tomys crew. some good shit out there

on the other hand im loving my vocal house and its not all top 40. kingdom, remady, that older track by tomys crew. some good shit out there

Oh ok man i totally miss read your other post what eggssell said was what i thought you were talking about. But yes i do agree with what you said about the top 40 stuff, it takes away the creativity and the individual in the DJ and then you just have all DJs playing the same... crappy... music that any old coddger could rock up and play... :|

Its always been a problem (top40 in clubs).

Like CBG said, if you dont play familar vocals, the chicks dont dance. no girls = no guys and no guys no drink... no drink no profit, no profit no club.

Thats why i got out of it and started in the rave scene. to play what you love, you need to get into the capital cities where people love the music for the music, not just because they have heard it on the radio

little story...

I had a track that became a big radio hit which i had probably 6 months before it came out. played it and played it.. crowd hated it.

It hit the radio, then they wouldnt stop requesting it....

its like they are robots... drives me insane! :(

not to mean to add to this guys thread hijacking even further

pretty sure there was a thread before about what makes shit music good.

it's in DJHQ somewhere

Okay so whats with everyone arguing TOP40 in my Intro Thread LOL . . .

Im from Brisbane everone . . . northside =).

I purchased my iCD DJ for around 600 BUX . . . good for a starting platform i thought but yeah if someone wants to invite me to their sesh in a club so i can look at how its done then feel free =)

Oh and i want to end up being the Resident DJ at Love and Rockets haha that would be awesome!

PEACE

Cupe its not too bad however the girls have to be paid to get anything off however at Cabaret Club they dont . . . Cabaret Club FTW every time but no dj there and we're talking about dee Jaying here right =)

Dee Jaying FTW everytime!! =)

• 2 months later...