Perth Member - RichoKidd - Newbie (My Big Plans)

RichoKidd

Hey guys,

Yes, as the title suggest I am on my way to TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!! of djing, that & I am from Perth, WA.

I'm 19 years old, I'm into Hip-Hop, Dubstep & Dance/Club/Party music, I like long walks on the beach. I am yet to own any mixing equipment but I have started to plan my Set-Up, with the first part of my "Build" coming in January.

I've put a Stanton 2.1 DJ Lab (2x Stanton T62s, 1x M.212 Mixer, 1x PRO90 H/Ps, 2x 500B Carts). Once I've learnt to use these, & probably after my return from Bali, I plan to go out and purchase Traktor Scratch Pro. After a few months of over time at work, I'll head out and buy a set of Berhinger B212D 12” 550w. That, along with my P.O.S Acer Laptop will be my "Basic/Beginning set up". I'd also like to spoil myself & go and purchase a Traktor X1 Control

Years down the track, after doing Parties & Weddings, I'll look into upgrading pretty much everything in this system. (Probably leave the TTs, unless they're really REALLY bad). I'm thinking new lappy (Macbook Pro), new mixer (Numark M3), new h/ps (beats by Dre.)

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to make an input

AND WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE UPDATES!

welcome :safe: such a pleasent site to see you are learning on TT's before going DVS (Digital Vinyl System eg traktor scratch pro (also called TSP)

i was in the same boat as you mate cept i went the cdj route (as they are the standard at my clubs) ive been doing it ~6 months and i am entering my first DJ competition on boxing day and get guest sets at my clubs once or twice a month

enjoy your stay and as long as you have a passion for music you will have a blast

i dont get it. seems like youre getting way ahead of yourself.

& planning on the h/p youre going to get years in advance. what what

i think its good to set goals, but maybe your goals should be perfecting the skill (mixing, scratching,producing etc) and dont concentrate so much on the equipment, as vital as it is.

• 1 year later...

So, I thought I'd update considering it's been a while.

I'm still running the same system except I've got A Macbook and some Pioneer HDJ 500's. I've done a few gigs & have finally gotten some business cards made up.

My plans have now been more residency focused, gonna record a mix sometime this week for a mixtape