Zero to Hero

SolDios

Hey guys, so Im about to start recording my first episode of my youtube show.

On Zero to hero, I will be starting as a dj with no experience, and working my way up, providing any tips, do's and don't's I find on the way

I would like to get some questions to answer for my first introduction episode?

so what would you ask a newbie dj?

e.g. why do you want to be a dj?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey dude... you never answered my P.M.

i really want to know the contact details for your old school where you had that dj lesson that inspired you.... thats the work i do in the uk and i really need to know how its done in oz... please please please, just the school address, your teachers name, or the dj's name.

p.s. loving the youtube show, you are keeping it real bro, props for that.

oh, and a question for ya channel: what do djs do?

it seems an ez question but think on: radio dj, function dj, scratch dj with band, there are lot of routes for a dj that dont involve being a superstar. all of these routes can supply income while you're waiting for a big break. ad keep you away from 9-5. but they all require their own skills and knowledge.

hey dude... you never answered my P.M.

i really want to know the contact details for your old school where you had that dj lesson that inspired you.... thats the work i do in the uk and i really need to know how its done in oz... please please please, just the school address, your teachers name, or the dj's name.

p.s. loving the youtube show, you are keeping it real bro, props for that.

oh, and a question for ya channel: what do djs do?

it seems an ez question but think on: radio dj, function dj, scratch dj with band, there are lot of routes for a dj that dont involve being a superstar. all of these routes can supply income while you're waiting for a big break. ad keep you away from 9-5. but they all require their own skills and knowledge.

sorry man! :/ the message has not come through but il answer it for you.

Basically it wasn't a dj school, just my local high school. Mr taylor's dj name was dj swift, but I haven't been able to track him down since he left.

In my opinion, dj'ing in aus is pretty much the same as it is where you are, just a different set of top 10 or so tracks.

and il answer the rest of the questions in the next episode :)

haha :D dont worry, I am, but my next/first gig is in about a month, so im doing these to keep me occupied. I will be doing a full video giglog with footage and everything though ^_^

also like I said before, all I can really practice is transitions from song to song, my mixer is the most basic thing ever :) but good for a beginer

i dont necacerrily agree with your comment about choosing a dj name that isnt offenceive. plenty of dj's have offence refrences in their names and are massive and dont cop any slack for it.

e.g Fukk Offf from germany.....how much ruder can you get then someones name bieng FUCK OFF!. and this dude is killing it.

another one, 'Designer drugs' its reffereing straight to drugs. they are also killing it.

another being 'FuntCase' a big name in the dubstep game on the heavier end of the spectrum

i guess when your going to be booked for birthdays your right. but you want to choose a name that is perfect because your going to want to have it the whole way from zero to hero. if you change your name halfway through youll loose alot of followers etc etc.

obviously meaning WHALE Face.