Zero to Hero

SolDios

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just subscribed to your channel sol.

hope you know you are my mentor mate! i would never have thought of this without your lead!

chk my channel if you get a min, i'll slowly post tutorials for kids at my lessons but all feedback mad appreciated.

^ haha, you know mobile dj's are more of a gimmik right?

its pretty much peoples way of saying

"my party is better than yours cause I have a dj"

it would be alot cheeper for them to hire some speakers and hook up a laptop with itunes.

not to mention they don't really care if you play hits, and not to mention they think being a cross fader jockey is dj'ing! haha

^ haha, you know mobile dj's are more of a gimmik right?

its pretty much peoples way of saying

"my party is better than yours cause I have a dj"

it would be alot cheeper for them to hire some speakers and hook up a laptop with itunes.

not to mention they don't really care if you play hits, and not to mention they think being a cross fader jockey is dj'ing! haha

no, nononononononononononnonononononononono, no.

did you have a bad night at your gig or something mate? you;ve suddenly gone all cynical and jaded.... maybe the punters were idiots but please please please dont decide the whole industry is as you've described it above...

I mobile dj and get paid good dolla coz people know my rep and recommend me to mates etc.

They could save money by using itunes but I read the crowd, i follow their music choices as pre-arranged with them, I add knowledgeable selections I have thought about through my experience and if i think mixing is going to add to the musical experience for them I mix too. a beatmatch here, a cut there. My mixing suits the music and helps the vibe on the dancefloor.

You're only as good as your last gig and if you approach them like your description above people may as well use itunes.

i weep sol, i weep. hope you get some of your get up and go back soon mate. where's the thread about last night anyway?

life is what you make it.

some gigs are crap, unlucky. But you hold the power to choose your jobs in the same way you choose the parties you go to.

get a rep so people recommend you to people who are also ok.

Please dont sum the world (or even just an industry) up from a few experiences.

^ aye, karma, aye.

also: which day job is worse: a few crap parties a week at which you're getting more experience using your kit and dealing with dancefloors...

or cooking chicken. Or whatever Djaz does.

yeah mobjle djs play a massive part. for every wedding or xmas party i have ever really enjoyed, the dj has killed it. and i dont mean beatmatching or mixing in key, in fact the best ones you forget theyre there. but by controllong the vibe of all the night they can make a formal boring event to an awesome event!!! where everyone is just going wild and having a good time. and ive been tk some crackers.

and even more so im sure more than once when a xmas party has been shit the biggest comment is damn the music sucked tonight.

so sol definitely dont sell mobile djs short. they play an important part, which is somewhat harder given the range of ages, personal tastes, length and formal interuptions.