Zero to Hero

SolDios

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post again Sol, its great to see how you're actually working...

I just googled those Mdex things... has it been mentioned on the forum before that they should read an external hardrive? Cant you set your mac to be read directly via the Mdex and play the audio through a USB instead of using itunes and a line in? If this works you would get much more control... or am i going over old ground?

Mac side is slow because it's "binded" to the schools network

Create an offline profile?

Even when theres an account on the local machine, it still try's to search for it on the non existent network, then it has to wait for it to timeout before it logs in. Takes 5mins +

^ if I did that it would read EVERY single audio file on the mac, so id have to be sorting though all the system sounds.

...or you could just find your itunes library folder and search that, or make seperate folders on your hard drive for seperate genres then search in those.

it isnt too much hard work but you should get much more control and better sound quality by playing your tracks via usb than mini jack to rca.

just try this as a test: copy one music file to your desktop, attach mac via the usb to the mdex, use the mdex browser to find the tune on your desktop, see if it works via the mdex controls.

JTTH

• 3 months later...