Beer in a CDJ!

mattus123

hey guys, had my first gig last night and ended up gettin a beer spilt over my CDJ

i got napkins and shit onto it straight away, so the CDJ still works, and all the buttons work.. except for the reverse switch

basically, the whole deck is stuck in reverse which makes it pretty much unuseable

any tips on what to do?

ive been told to leave it in the sun for atleast 48hours

if that doesnt work, im hoping its jsut the switch that needs replacing

any other tips, more than welcome :)

cheers guys/ hoddi

Put it

upside down - so the liquid drains out of it, not further in

in a container of

uncooked rice - the rice absorbs moisture.

What kind of a drink was it? If it was something like straight vodka, it might be able to just evaporate out, but if it was mixes with softdrink then it might leave a sticky residue in there.

it was beer (the thread title :P) so im guessing it may leave some stickyness

i gave it a quick google, and some repair dude recommends cleaning hte circuit board ith a toothbrush and an alcahol based cleaner, so im prepaired to do that.. or tkae it to someone to get it done properly

we'll cross that bridg when it comes thou :)

ill do the upside down trick thou, cheers

I would take off the faceplate so the cdj is almost split in half, and leave it for a couple of days to dry before you try anything drastic, sometimes wet electronics just need air

when I dropped my phone in the toilet it was fucked, split that bitch in half and left it under a fan for a day or 2, fixed itself :)

i second keeping out of direct sunlight, but get it somewhere to get the warmth and natural light.

whats the differnece between direct sunlight and natural sunlight :P

cause as far as im concered there is 'standing in the sun, and standing in hte shade' (standing in the sun is obviously in direct sunlight'

Sorry for the derail, but how the fuck do you drop your phone in the toilet?

well i was texting while pissing and hit the number 1 for whatever letter i was going for (old keypad style phone) and bam it flipped out my hands....fished that bad girl out quicker then batman himself

• 1 month later...

The rice thing is a good idea. My missus dropped her ipod outside in the yard in the rain, couldn't find it till the next day so it'd been getting soaked for ages, it wouldn't turn on or anything, left it in a bowl of rice for about 2 or 3 days and it works now although the screen flickers but it still does what it's supposed to...If it's been a few days since the beer went in there though i'm not sure if the rice thing will be effective as the liquid's probably dried by now but if all else fails it could be worth a try. Good luck.