New hd 25 II cable

SolDios

Hey guys :pale:

im really bummed out about this, today my hd 25 cable started playing up, depending on how the base is bent (around the 3.5m jack) the low end cuts out and in.

I can't belive i managed to kill another pair of headphones, and I was so carefull with these ones.

Whats the best place to buy a new cable? store dj and all that want $100 for one, which is how much I paid for the headphones in the first place.

or is there an adapter so I can just use normal 3.5 line cables? so it will kinda be like this

Philips-O%E2%80%99Neill-Stretch-TR55LX-587x1136.jpg

Thanks guys, this has really got me down.

sol stop buying cheap shit chinese probly fake headphones and get some XD53's, you should have learnt your lesson when they 1st pair broke and you had to take them back bro (the dre's?)

but as for the cable and jack, just go to Jaycar, they will have both for probly $15

buy xd53 from storeDJ, if they break, use your warranty...your warranty on the 25's is useless from Thailand

and yeh jaycar sells 3.5mill jacks, and they also sell audio cable so it will work

and yeh like robsta said if the headphones are cheap of corse the hinges will be shit, and same goes for me, i chuck my headphones on my desk, in and out of my car etc

all seinnys are made in china. the higher range are "hand crafted" in germany or ireland after coming from china so that they can add a premium. the hand crafting is probably adding the ear cover, or screwing in the cable.

look at everything in their lower range or mobile range, all made in china.

but yeah if you buy fakies then dont expect them to be as good as the sanctioned ones, unless they off the back of the truck.

sol i thought you bought these second hand not from a market?

i tried searching for cables but yeah only the dj stores sell official. unfortunately not sure what the plugs are to suggest other places.

EDIT: as per jaz, jaycar prob is good starter

Ok, just to set something straight, these are genuine senhisers I got second hand off gumtree, ive listened to ones in the stores and they sound the same.

I might see if I can get somone to modify the cable to have a 3.5 female adapter near the tip, the if the cable dies I can just buy another cheapie and plug it in.

what eggs said is right, he definately isn't the first to run into problems with used gear.

However also a number of us did say to be cautious about buying used headphones.

You have to be on your game when buying used stuff, otherwise your going to get dudded time and time again. To me it sounds as if the guy knew something was wrong/about to go wrong, and flogged em off while they were still worth something.

They where working fine when I got them, they have been perfect for the last two weeks

and I know ive many of this kind of thread, but can we please be serious about this rather than going on about what I should have done instead, theres no point in complaining about something ive already done.

I chose hd 25's after extencive reserch, and do not regret my decision.

cmon thats a bit harsh man. like sol said he tried to do the right thang and buy gear second hand rather than fake markets.

not like he was the first to buy stuff second hand. and def not the first to then run into problems about it.

This.

Sol, have a hunt on eBay and the like mate.

Like you said, the beauty of the HD25's is the replaceable parts.

Have a hunt around, and replace the cable - it'll be cheaper than buying a pair of XD53's.

Remember this thread Sol?

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=5347

My reply...

Dude, just save for a few more weeks and get some decent headphones. They are one of the most important things in a DJ's kit so its worth buying good quality the first time.

You can either go through 2 sets of $90 headphones in under a year or get a decent pair of Allen and Heath XD53's that will last a hell of a lot longer and out perform most headphones on the market today.

Just Saying

that is a valid point, in my defence though, but there not cheap ass headphones, there hd 25's. The main reason I brought them was because every part is replacable.

also over ear headphones don't seem to fit me very well

also, I will be getting somone to solder on a new conection for me

that is a valid point, in my defence though, but there not cheap ass headphones, there hd 25's. The main reason I brought them was because every part is replacable.

also over ear headphones don't seem to fit me very well

also, I will be getting somone to solder on a new conection for me

not to knock you sol (i stood up for you earlier), but you say you bought them because every part is replaceable yet you are not willing to pay for the replacement part? kind of defeats the purpose.

anyways, im glad you found a solution because its frustrating as balls for something not to work properly. good for you