New Kanadian

bblaster

Hi everyone, here's my abridged story: got into a bit of EDM in high school, went to WEMF in '08 and discovered parties, then moved to Toronto for university and discovered a party scene! I haven't been properly acquainted with any other cities but Toronto seems pretty great. A little less than two years ago I bought some beater CDJ200s from a local semi-legend (psytrance isn't so popular) that are probably ten years old now, with only one of the jog wheels being properly functional and with the sparkly silver paint coming off both. My mixer is also the absolute bare minimum of functionality--I got it for $50 from a friend that'd decided it was too shit to keep. Aside from all that, I've recently spun at a couple of friends' parties and it went down surprisingly well which has made me consider taking DJing more seriously, since I already love it so much. I'm a music lover in general, too.

To be honest, the main reason I'm here is for some upgrade advice, but I also figure I'll be lurking and maybe posting a bit so I can learn more technical stuff about the trade.

Wow found us all the way from Canada or did you move here ?

I'm a citizen of the internet.

You're the first website on an alphabetical list of dj-related forums. It seemed good and active so I signed up without bothering to check out any of the others.

Thanks for all the nice hullows :)

Wow found us all the way from Canada or did you move here ?

I'm a citizen of the internet.

You're the first website on an alphabetical list of dj-related forums. It seemed good and active so I signed up without bothering to check out any of the others.

Thanks for all the nice hullows :)

we're better than any of the others anyways