Civilian use headphones

MelodyIlliterate

bought some XD's a while ago and as you guys might know, the quarter inch jack screws off and reveals a 3.5 mm jack...

point is... would you use your dj headphones in public... say public transport and all that..

busted my last pair of decent earphones so its either spend andother $70 to get something with decent sound quality, or just use my Xones...

any thoughts?

mm I've been thinking about this, if people can wear beats then y not wear my hd's only problem is u can't hear anything else but thats good on train/bus or wateva just no so good walking down the street kinda thing

i agree with hoddi, the isolation in public is annoying i find. its good to have a bit of isolation just so people can't hear your music, but i find it better to be able to hear the outside world too.

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/sen ... 200-ii.php

These provide a bit of isolation but nothing compared to dj headphones. They'd be a good companion for travels

I take both to school actually, I wear earphones if I'm talking to someone on train or something similar to that, if I'm in class or in a free period and I'm studying, the hd's are great to focus by blocking out all other noise so I don't get distracted and actually get work done :)

I used to have bose in ear headphones til they broke, but they were pretty good.

Think you can buy them with a button to answer phone calls etc. now as well.

But I don't own earphones anymore, just use my hd's for the rare occasion i go out in public