Pioneer DDJ Ergo V vs Traktor S4

dJmULLi

Hey guys,

I have done a bit of research online and on this forum regarding the two units but cant make up my mind.

I have been DJing for a couple of years now and at the moment I am using a Numark NS7 controller, and I need something more portable for weddings and house parties with the ability to add a separate mixer to it for additional microphone inputs.

I also want to record mixes and put them on soundcloud and my budget is around the $1k mark.

Sorry if this has already been covered guys and I look forward to your advice.

Thanks

Mulli

I did this same research not long ago. Everything I found pointed at the S4 to be the slightly better unit. The only real advantage to the pioneer unit was your laptop can slide underneath it which may be handy in a mobile situation. The other "perceived" thing was the pioneer name, look and feel. But those in the know are more than aware of the S4's capabilities.

Having had mine for a little bit now, I wish it had that slider the pioneer does that allows you to skip to any part of the song. I got to use my mouse or spin the jog wheel forever if I want to move through the tune.

Other than that I love it. I personally wish I got the S2 instead. But from what you have said you would need the S4.

Thanks guys,

Your confirming my thoughts. Its good to get your feedback.

I think the thing that caught my eye with the Pioneer was the price point but obviously theres a reason.

Its hard to make a decision also, without having a good play around with the unit as half the time when they are available on display they are never connected! grrrr

Thanks

Mulli

^ Pioneer, the ergo is rubbish compared to the denon mc-3000 anyway.

Full metal chassis

dedicated filters

great layout

ect..

He doesn't wanna know about mc3000.

Thread is Ergo vs S4....

fuck dem denon reps are everywhere.

doesnt seem like my other message came through.

I said before that have the hidaway panel is actually more of a hinderance. I have ddj-t1 and thought it would be cool to have it, but once u have to start searching for songs it really becomes a pain to have.

really now...

just like when someone mentions some other headphone everyone says forget that get hd-25's

or if someone mentions vestax or stantons everyone says get techies

people in glass houses here :-k

It's one thing to suggest the best gear eg. Technics are industry standard, HD25's and XD53's are pretty much industry standard too. But to keep pushing a product that isn't considered the best or that you do not even own for yourself is just plain annoying especially when the dude wanted to know about the S4 vs Ergo..

really now...

just like when someone mentions some other headphone everyone says forget that get hd-25's

or if someone mentions vestax or stantons everyone says get techies

people in glass houses here :-k

It's one thing to suggest the best gear eg. Technics are industry standard, HD25's and XD53's are pretty much industry standard too. But to keep pushing a product that isn't considered the best or that you do not even own for yourself is just plain annoying especially when the dude wanted to know about the S4 vs Ergo..

Quoted for da troof.