Krk rokits?

SolDios

Just like to clarify, I've heard alot of mixed things about Rokits, some swear by them, some say there's better for the money, some say there pieces of shit.

The two people on here I know that have them are gandy and street, I have never heard a problem with gandys, but street's died and he upgraded to a different brand.

So what's the deal with them?

I got M-Audio 8" and they sound great. My research indicates the KRK's have a bassier sound, hence why more popular with DJ's than producers. I wish had the ability to audition some prior to purchasing. The downside of being regional is I have to research and trust the opinion of others.

In hindsight I would have liked to have gone a 5" & sub combo. If nothing, but to get more desk real estate back. These 8" suckers are huge.

I have the RP6's.

I would certainly recommend KRK's.

I have had no issues with quality at all - so much so I have purchased set of VXT4's, aand a 12-S!

Yes - the Rockits are very bass heavy (extended) but are great for us Dj's, especially if Your not using a sub. Everyone always comments on the sound.

I personally felt they were a little too 'hifi' for me, and decided to spin them around and they are now my computer/tv multi purpose monitors! 8)

I use the little VXT's as booth monitors and playing back my mixes, they are worth it. Mixes sound great on any stereo!

The 4's do lack a little low end but I run the sub and Rockits also as my master, nice all round sound I think :eye:

i got some 8's. mad love for them i have.

This^

I 1st had my ears blown away by the rokit 6's at the backyard project, I decided to go 1 step further and get the 8's and I love these things so much, this is a more 1 sided opinion cause I haven't heard many others, but I prefer to go with what I know (what I've been exposed to that is awesome) :)

My research indicates the KRK's have a bassier sound, hence why more popular with DJ's than producers.

^^^for production man the real idea is to go for monitors that not only u prefer but to go for monitors that have the flattest sound...no colouring...instead of the boomier hifi sound. (that is the idea anyway...obviously depends on preference).

all in all you can always train your ear to whichever speakers you choose...say the krk's are more boomier and alot more mid range then you know to decrease the low - mid range of your mix.

ive had listen to monitors from high price range ADAM, MACKIES etc etc... to entry level KRK ROKITS, M AUDIO, BEHRINGER.

in the end i found these! this is definitely what i reccommend... and the price for the pair is ridiculous for what you get!

Ive been using them for over a year now and not a problem yet.

http://www.turramusic.com.au/Pages/Cata ... ?CIID=1400

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
i work in a music shop, selling mainly DJ, PA and HiTech gear and the rokits have a very muddy sound, if for house you're looking at basing your production around or for just DJing of that sort i'd recommend the Yamaha HS-80m's they wont dissapoint, and the white looks awesome! :)

I've had the yamaha hs80m's for about a month and can hands down say they are value for money! I got mine for $699 the pair at kosmic in perth, they have a really flat response which is what i'm after. Everything i was making would sound terrible in my car stereo, now my bass and mid is so much clearer in my recordings