**** The ADJF & Overture Clothing Mix Competition ****

Cupe

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all the pain and horror of work, booze and missing cues. i present the best i could do..

on a side note this mix comp gave me some epic learning on my Kontrol F1 and thats been good enough for me.

I look forward to listening to your mixes friends, good luck and hope you all had fun :thumright:

https://soundcloud.com/yoursurrogatemother/adjf-overture-mix-comp

Quality is fine.

Also you can get one from anywhere.

Dick smith, jay car, harvey norman, even a '2 dollar' style shop. Anywhere that sells TV or Audio equipment

ill get onto it tomorrow then

Can you please advise me Mitch on proper mac settings once cord is plugged into record out on mixer ? Plug aux into mic slot? Do I need to Download audacity or something?

Any chance people can make their mixes downloadable? I really really really hate listening to Soundcloud 128kbps streams. The downloads are (usually) the full 320kbps file.

I know when I listen to my own the EQing, especially for the bass sounds off when not hearing the full quality. Can I suggest anyone judging download them too for accurate assessment.

Do this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3625

Then yer you need a program to record with - audacity will do.

In audacity next to the little microphone symbol make sure you choose your built in line in instead of built in mic, then you should be right

ok two things..followed guide

but the line in option doesnt come up. i only have internal mic option...cant change it in audacity either. its like mac is not registering the cable connected too it

i tried with both record out and master out on mixer and get nothing

edit:

picture

2j5z7f4.png

all the pain and horror of work, booze and missing cues. i present the best i could do..

on a side note this mix comp gave me some epic learning on my Kontrol F1 and thats been good enough for me.

I look forward to listening to your mixes friends, good luck and hope you all had fun :thumright:

Totally agree, i learnt so much about using my PadKontrol with abelton and fx it was an invaluablue experience and a heap of fun:)

my mix prob wasn't exactly what i'd planned but all live using cdjs, DJM700 and Padkontrol to trigger samples of acapellas through abelton:) hope u enjoy!!

Rick

https://soundcloud.com/snatch-md/overture-clothing-competition

Well since i couldnt submit due to recording issues and in response to DrC1's comment i thought i would post my tracklist

Vertigo --> location of part of Bring out the devil acca. Started mix from main buildup/breakdown midway through track

D# Fat---> location of sun and moon acca during build up following main breakdown

Mammoth

Ten

Rasputin

Chasing Summers

Summertime Sadness

No eyes

I seem to be the only person who finished with no eyes..lol although it was always going to be at the beginning or the end

Shame really, i did put a buttload of effort into getting tracks organised, catalogued, and labelled..lol

anyway. congrats too all those who submitted and may the best mix win!