Midi keyboards - What do you have?

dflux4

Hey guys,

I'm also in the market for a keyboard and wanted to see what you are all currently using within your set ups??

What is it?

Where did you get it?

How much did you pay for it?

What do you like most about it?

What DAW are you using it with?

I'm look at this MPK25 atm, price seems pretty good too!

http://www.djcity.com.au/mpk25-akai-midi-keyboard

Thanks again

Having played piano for as long as I have 61 key is just the right size to be able to play treble and bass on most music scores without needing to go the full size

Also the feel of the keys is really important to me and these are the best feel I had out of the ones I tried

I got MAudio Axiom49

Got it from StoreDJ, can't remember the price, probs not too much.

It's compact as fuck and does everything I need it to.

Using it with Reason at the moment, but will be using with Logic once I get more stuck into it.

G7rr6au.jpg

i have 3 midi keyboards. all for diff reasons. i have a..

NEKTAR IMPACT LX49

KNgk8lD.jpg?1

i got this after the '14 meat with some extra coin left over. Most DAW's (mine included) at the time were doing/done some interesting deep integration with the new Nektar range. either way, ~$130 for this midi kb is a steal imo.

has great feel keys, friendly display and very nice feeling sliders.

2. Akai MPK MINI

vNXlILc.png?1'

my first midi keyboard and my always go-to-keyboard. Has 8 super responsive drum pads that feel nice. Keys are not weighted so expect some harsh and sudden notes shining through if in production. ...not the worst thing by far. Its the same size as my wireless computer keyboard so its most easy to use and access in production.

3. Akai MPK 49

AUln2VY.png?1

the latest midi keyboard i have purchased. from a forum memberr NV, almost brand new for an epic mates rates price. anyway, thats ADJF for you.

The obese sister of my MRK Mini. When the chance to snap up this midi controller came up i took it. and i tell you..

pros: 49 semi-weighted keys, great feeling drum pads (MPK standard), mod wheel is world class, Pots have 'infinity' range (great for midi mapping sythns and whatever u want.

cons: cant be powered by a usb hub. needs its own DC outlet (best con i can think of)

I do have a Korg NanoPad and Korg NanoKontrol both v1 which used to be pretty good but i would strongly recommend against buying any of the first Korg series as the support and drivers are now pretty much dead.

i hear v2 of both like Spitfires are all good tho :thumleft:

I have a Yamaha 49 key but it's an actual keyboard as well, so I don't really use it for midi.

I have the Roland pcr-500 I got off wazza for 150. Don't use the drum pads or knobs as the ones on the maschine are nicer, and not even sure they work properly lul

pcr_500_angle_gal.jpg

i have the roland pc200

the keys are nice and bouncy. it can do three diff octaves. and has one of those bender things

havent wired it up for a daw yet. i use w the korg synth

i got mine as a hand me down from my uncle when he heard i bought a rack version of a synth. but there are some on ebay

pByG3jJ.jpg

• 1 month later...
I have a Yamaha 49 key but it's an actual keyboard as well, so I don't really use it for midi.

I have the Roland pcr-500 I got off wazza for 150. Don't use the drum pads or knobs as the ones on the maschine are nicer, and not even sure they work properly lul

pcr_500_angle_gal.jpg

to get the faders and knobs working on the pcr 500 ..

you need to use the roland pcr editer software…

and midi map it with new midi CC number…and save the map