Computers going wrong!

JonnyB

Anyopne had some bad experiences with computers.

This is my one.

Nice responses.

I had a massive problem at the start of last year.

Parents went away for 2 months and my dad said 'DO NOT touch my work computer, i know its extremely unlikely that you will brake it, but i cant take the chance' anyway my laptop was playing up and i was keen to make some music, and i put FL on his computer AGES ago, booted it up and started to make some beats and it shut itself down...... i just thought FUCK what did i do. everytime i tried turning it back on it would go to a blue screen and the fan inside would just go fucking crazy, like it sounded like a jet engine and the only way it would turn off was to turn it off at the wall ( kind of like a toyota, then fan just randomly burst into topspeed and i couldnt shut it off)

My fucking luck hey, touch his computer once and it shits itself.

Turned out there was a certain type of heat glue or something under the fan that had worn away which caused this, and it happened to loose its shit the moment i used the computer. shit luck hey. i copped a massive earfull when my dad got home, then received a big apology when he found out it was his fault for not getting the glue shit redone and the computer serviced.

was shit though because happened at the start of the 2 months so the whole time i was just thinking 'dads going to flip it, dads going to flip it, im dead.".......deffinatly made the most of those 2 months haha

i was working on editing footage from a trip to japan and after prob a good 3 days work my hard drive stopped spinning.

took it to the place i bought it as it had only been 3 months, and they just gave me a newer, faster ones. but not my 3 days of work you bastards!!

the place was dodgy as, it took 6 monthsto get a proper invoice, and it was only after I emailed a newspaper CCing the company (which the paper printed but without the company name so it was dumb).

basically i hand picked the parts to tailor make the pc into a movie editing box, and we based it on one of their pre-sold models plusing and minusing things. but the invoice i got didnt have the parts i chose but was the correct amount. the company thought who cares, but i said wait a minute what if i need a repair (which like the hard drive i did!).

place is dead now but i think have online presence.

Still waiting for my puter to be repaired.

The shop's had it for 2 weeks.

Second time I have picked up malware virus. Losing confidence with Trend Virus protection. I have to spend one hour on the phone to some droid in god knows where to get it set up again also when it returns.

• 1 month later...

when I repair systems I do the following for clients and its always worked 100%

have them have 2x hard drives in the system

1 for the Operating system about 80GB

1 that you use for storage and your documents and all you create

music

ebooks

drivers

doc files

etc etc

the OS is installed with EVERYTHING needed including antivirus, etc

then a ghost image is created and put on a 4.7GB or 8.5GB dvd depending whats installed and how big the ghost image is then

well thats where its between myself and my clients

if anyone has a problem they call I replace the image and they are away again in 10mins

4 days after buying my new/current laptop it crashed cause my 64 bit just fizzled out and wouldnt reboot, had just finished putting 250 gig worth of random stuff and just installed every program i would need, all lost, had to start from scratch lol

Djaz - did you make take a ghost image and placed it on a DVD incase it fails again ?

I do that with EVERY setup I make for all my clients

after ALL software is installed before I start using the system

then if it does fail - you can just ghost back and not loose anything (only what you created)

Today I was uninstalling windows office 2007 because I had 2010 and I guess I didn't shutdown properly so now I'm on a continuous loop of BSOD blue screen of death ... Hopefully i can restore the image :s I'll report on results..

And to dennis by ghost you mean image right? And do you mean2 physical hard disks? Or one and just partion them?

Thanks