A&H XD53 heaphones....

lloydc

.... are the shit!

I road tested these along side the hdj2000s, and these xd's were better overall.

the 2000's were more comfortable, but not by heaps.

XD's sounded better

I went with the xd's and i'm very happy with them.

on a separate note, i tested them on a djm2000, and those things are amazing.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey buck you know how you said they were a little too bigg, i read that in a review too. how big is too big. ive got a small asian head too (im shorter than 6 ft) offsett by being phat.

also all the other folk, i know that everyone on here says they are the shiznit (looked back at other posts and its usually just recommending the headphones but no explanation),

so what are the advantages? i.e. why would i get these over the much loved HD-25's (not including they are sexier).

cheers

cool cheers man.

well i have no intentions of being a club dj, so all home stuff making live mixed sets for mates. as well as banging out on the regular happy wednesday, happy thursday and chilling saturdays that seem to be happening at my new place these days. having said that i keep considering taking a few mobile gigs just to feed my music addiction habit (getting too expensive).

so the loud yet crisp sound of the HD-25s are nothing big to me.

i guess comfortability, strength (i snapped my old plastic skull candys two weeks into djing) and a goodish sound in the mid range (i.e. ill do more tahn $200 but no more than $300).

lights & sounds are doing XD-53 for $250 without haggling.

and no i didnt buy the skull candys for djing, i bought them a while back even before i had decks. nice bass, thats it.

okay sorry for being an indecisive git, i hate how i always ponder every sale its the accountant in me. anywho these are obviously awesome headphones but the size thing is still bugging me. and sucks cuz i know they aint on display at the shop so cant just chuck em on.

i just read a review of someone saying because band doesnt touch his head the cans have to sit low on his ear, surely that fugs with isolation?

now i dj with headphones on head, one ear on and one ear off, then while in the mix i push the one ear on slightly back. i.e i dont do the shoulder/ ear tilt head thing

anyone envisage any problems if they are too tall for my head or will the cans be tight enuff on my head to keep it from falling off. and anyone else have the problem of having to have the cans sit low. (the solution to that was to wear a baseball cap so the nib on top adds a bit of height but sounds like too much hassle)

heading out tonight to buy (i thinks) else gonna go the stock standard hd 25s