beginner headphone

DjMilad

hi all.i start my dj career 4-5month ago.and now il looking for a headphone and i dont know what u buy!

this are my options:

kam 1500

american audio 550

behringer 4000 numark hf125

and a german brand that i cant remember thats name!!

tell me if u know another ones.

and guys,Xd 53 is expensive for me here!

my equipments are gemini600 players and behringer750 mixer.what u think about these?

thanks...!

Most people on here either have Sennheiser HD 25's OR A&H XD 53's.

I've only ever used HD 25's for DJing so can't recommend any others to you man, maybe someone else on here has used some of the one's you have mentioned.

thanks.those are a bit expensive for me!

why not get Xd 53's from overseas?

its expensive at all.im beginner and i think its not good to buy a headphone with this price!

guys u think headphone very important for a beginner?! a beginner can feel differences between a good and a very great headphone?

im looking for something about 8-90 dollar!

i use piece of shit headphones and i get by alright

if you want to get serious though you will eventually need to buy good headphones.

so do it now or later

thanks for ur feedback.

look,here we have no club or anything else.just home parties! so i never be a professional dj like u! here it dont matter to be very professional!!just home parties we have!

you dont have any idea about models that i said in first post?

Mate i dont think it matters.

Like cupe i have rubbish headphones. I prefer to do most mixing on the fly through the speakers anyway. Especially at house parties where it is so important to hear what the house is hearing.

Good luck with your scene man. Its great to know the vibe continues and always shall, enshallah.

i tend to disagree with the previous posts here on this one, i started out on cheap cans and as soon as i got my XD-53s the difference was night and day and helped immensly. I know you said they are too expensive, but for me personally headphones are close to the most important part of gear you can have

I agree with gandy, I started with 20 buck TDK headphones that had been lying around the house for ages. I used those for the first week, and went straight out and bought HD25's. Made such a difference in what you can hear.

How I looked at it was even if you don't get right into DJing, I still enjoy listening to music through a quality pair of cans.

im more inclined to agree with Gandy, there is a noticeable differnet between good and bad headphones

but cupe and imadje have been DJing much longer than i have

if your only doing house parties, i would make sure there is good sound - isolation

if your really set on keeping the budget low... maybe you could try using ear-buds and put ear muffs over the top for better sound isolation

I prefer to do most mixing on the fly through the speakers anyway. Especially at house parties where it is so important to hear what the house is hearing.

Is this not why you train your ear to listen to two things at once? one ear listening to the cue'd track and the other listening to the PA.

I never listen to the front of house personally just the booth monitor and my headphones on my left ear

Just buy a pair of cheap sound canceling headphones that you hear the beat clearly with

Upgrade later down the track if you really enjoy it and want something better

Mate i dont think it matters.

Like cupe i have rubbish headphones. I prefer to do most mixing on the fly through the speakers anyway. Especially at house parties where it is so important to hear what the house is hearing.

Good luck with your scene man. Its great to know the vibe continues and always shall, enshallah.

thanks bro. enshallah is arabic not persian :D

thanks bro. enshallah is arabic not persian :D

My apologies. My dad worked in construction in Tehran until I was 4 years old (1977). He habitually used the phrase "enshallah" as we were growing up so I wrongly assumed it was Persian. I stand corrected :)

I prefer to do most mixing on the fly through the speakers anyway. Especially at house parties where it is so important to hear what the house is hearing.

Is this not why you train your ear to listen to two things at once? one ear listening to the cue'd track and the other listening to the PA.

While beatmatching yes but as soon as a tune is beatmatched/otherwise prepped I take the phones off. This way I can concentrate much better on the eqing for the specific room while I'm mixing without any distraction from the 'phones. Obv on big club or festy/stage systems I trust the engineer to do front of house so am happy to do all in-ear mixing but in a house party/small bar scenario I like to immerse myself as much as possible in what the audience is hearing.

I still listen to two things at once; two tunes though, not two audio sources.