Would you like CHEESE with that.

AlexJ

Ok, so here is the dealio i have some questions about commercial/cheese. I know this can be a touchy topic so feel free to flame, I have a few gigs coming up for the youngerlings. a 16th, 17th and an 18th (still a month and a bit off) an im looking to get some commercial/floorfillers, that i can just hit without too many problems (i wont claim to be the best or worst dj im ok but wouldnt say im super fantastic ie like hobberz, cupe, gandy, defkon and the like. still a little bit of a noob but as always it comes with practice and ill get there..eventually). Problem is i dont like alot of the songs as they are so am looking for some good remixes, club edits are often nice. Basically super commercial that all the little peeps can sing to early in the night until they settle into their other stuff and I can go back to mixing whatever else i like.

If there is an existing thread like this please refer me too it, i had a look earlier but couldnt really find what i was looking for.

Now the problem isnt always knowing a list of remixes, but physically being able to aquire them, i know I search and cant find a few things on beatport. If you list a track can you please link it to a source so it can be purchased.

It is preferable for them to be of similar bpm (122-130ish is prefered but not essential). I wish to stick towards like house/prog house/electo. A few dubstep ones would be good but i generally find enough of them out there myself as they seem to be remixed alot. But some crowds just dont like dubstep and i need somethings to play in the meantime.

The sorta thing im looking for is like

Paradise-Coldplay (freddie le grand remix)

Set fire to the Rain-Adele (thomas gold remix)

Hangover-Taio Cruz (Hardwell Extended Remix)

Pressure-Nadia Ali(Alesso Remix)

A bit mixed but I think you get the general idea

Im looking to eventually amass about 40-50 songs that I can just have there in case (maybe eventually use in like a promo mix or something)

I also slapped this one in beginners because i figure it would be a good reference point for peoples just getting into it (i mean realistically, showing up to a girls 16th and blasting dnb, moombah or dub maybe funny as hell but its unlikely to get you that referral that enables you branch out and eventually play whatever you want).

So anyways, suggestions would be nice.

all those links should sort you out

also check out soundcloud, if you dig through enough of it you'll find some gold and half the time its free.. win win

but even if u cant find a remix of it, still play the original if thats what they wanna hear.. as the DJ its your job to keep the crowd happy, not urself... even if that means selling your soul and playing that piece of shit whistle song by pitbull :wall:

where do you find the remixes though? im having little luck with beatport, itunes isnt much help (i know, not 320, but was just seeing what i could fish out), soundcloud there is just so much stuff to dig through with little direction.

Used dj.city.com as a referance point as it displayed a large amount of remixes

recorded the name of said remixes

Then searched each individually. Found 80% as soundcloud free downloads (either directly from artist or someone who had simply gotten a hold of the song and re uploaded it, this was the case for some of teh bigger remixes) so basically managed to get 20 or so remixes that I really like at no cost to me. haha yew

Used dj.city.com as a referance point as it displayed a large amount of remixes

recorded the name of said remixes

Then searched each individually. Found 80% as soundcloud free downloads (either directly from artist or someone who had simply gotten a hold of the song and re uploaded it, this was the case for some of teh bigger remixes) so basically managed to get 20 or so remixes that I really like at no cost to me. haha yew

No kidding i'm doing the same :teef: thinking next week ill just buy a membership so that i don't have to go to soundcloud

if your playing a paarty, get more then just the 1 genre dude, people will want it changed up a bit.

Get a large portion of what you plan on playing, then get half an hour of hiphop, half an hour, or old classics, half an hour trance, half an house of dubstep etc etc etc, you never know what the crowd your playing to will want. best be ready

have u gotten the host of the party to give u a basic tracklisting, so u can get an idea of the type of shit he/she wants to hear.

Also, is it a mates party, if so, you should have a basic idea of the type of stuff the masses will want to hear. I generally say cater for the group and not the individual, if one person is winging cause ur not playing hip hop, but everyone else is digging the stuff your playing.. then ignore the hip hop requests

lol just ban hip hop like we did, if you really hate different genres its no good for you to play it and it will most likely sound crap if you detest a genre, let people know what you play and dont play.

I would personally rather not do a gig than be out of depth in a genre like old rock or something.

when i started i was getting people asking me to do 50ths and all sorts of crap no megusta haha