Dj's in Tasmania

Alexk22

Hey guys not sure if im posting in the right place or if their is any dj's in tasmania mainly in to hip hop willing to have a chat to me about some lessons or just some tips on getting in to it all i'd appreciate it heaps. Send me a message.

Righto

It's how we manage to keep order around here without it being a nazi camp or a free-for-all.

Offtopic, anything goes.

Outside of it, keep it rollinnnnnnnggggggggggg

@OP

There isn't too much in the way of Tassie DJ's around here chief, but if you have any questions chuck them up and we might be able to help you anyway.

I suggest checking out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6974

623969915.jpg?key=300248

worthy of funny thread though

OP:

YSM is the only Tasmanian on here that i know of, and odds are against you of him being close enough to give lessons. There is other ways we can help thou :)

Definitely have a look at the post Cupe linked you to

I also recommend watching this one as i find it really explains beat matching in a way that will make more sense than anyone else will be able to explain it (i also reccomend watching more of ellaskins vid's)

Also, after playing around with ur decks for a bit, make up a mini mix (even if its only like 4 songs or so) and whack it up on the forum and we'll be able to give you feedback and help :thumleft:

goodluck with it all mate, and welcome to the forum :safe:

I'd like that but I currently only use the internet on my phone sadly enough! Putting together a mix and getting it critiqued by you guys wiuld be amazing! Can anyone link me to a quality beginner set up on ebay or something? Ysm has shown me a few.

yeh true so what are the mp3 ones like? Can you mix any two songs you like or do they have to have the same bpm? Also if their is a lyric in a song you like such as when biggie says motherfuckers say your prayers... And I think that one bit would sound good somewhere else in a different song can you do that somehow or do you have to be playing that whole song? If that makes sense!

all tracks can be mixed not matter what bmp. Having the same BMP makes it alot easier. but if they do not have the same BPM its called 'beat matching'. google the term if your not too sure what im talking about :thumright:

if its mp3 or vinyl you can match the 'Beats Per Minute'. ..and play them in 'synchronization' with each other. just takes a lot of practice. does not happen over night. trust me on that! lol.

IF you do want it to happen over night in would suggest the 'sync' option available on options like Traktor or Virtual DJ. these programs match the beat for you. makes it easy, makes it very simple.

but in the long term i would really would not suggest to short cut it aye m8

You can pretty much do anything with the mp3 ones. This is the S4 which is highly recommended. Will show you what can be done, but I am sure very few people actually can do this shit. I wouldn't even know where to begin with mine...

If it doesn't start there, go to about 0:55 to start seeing it in action.

yeh true so what are the mp3 ones like? Can you mix any two songs you like or do they have to have the same bpm? Also if their is a lyric in a song you like such as when biggie says motherfuckers say your prayers... And I think that one bit would sound good somewhere else in a different song can you do that somehow or do you have to be playing that whole song? If that makes sense!

As cupe suggested on page 1, i suggest watching these videos to help get you started (just watch part 1 with sarah main for now): viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6974

Thanks guys youve been really helpful. With the s4 those turntables seem tiny I would have thought bigger would be better for a beginner correct me if im wrong? Looks like alot of fun and headaches! That beat matching vid was really good too!