Where do you get your tracks from?

AlexJ

So im trying to find a heap of older 70's/80's/90's tracks various gigs i have coming up.

Now where is the best place to find this sort of music? I can find most with a simple google search. is 128 and 192 kbs good enough quality? I dont really want to have to get like $150 on itunes just so i can get them at 256. But dont really want to convert them to mp3 from aac.

So where do you get your normal tracks from?

Hmm to be honest I'm not so sure now that i think of it, I can only think of say iTunes then which you already mentioned

I can't for the fuck think of the other music sites, there's one that's like amazon.com that has mp3s of that kind of thing I can't remember it though sorry

would the 128 or 192's suffice over a pa at reasonably low volume? i mean those kind of tracks are never going to be played at thumping volume over a sub or anything like that. they are in reality just backing music for the kind of functions they will be played at

would the 128 or 192's suffice over a pa at reasonably low volume? i mean those kind of tracks are never going to be played at thumping volume over a sub or anything like that. they are in reality just backing music for the kind of functions they will be played at

no. 128 and 192 aren't good enough quality to be played out.

get some cheap compilation CD's from jb or something, such as "Top 100 80's hits, top 100 90's hits" etc and rip them in aiff or mp3 320

no. 128 and 192 aren't good enough quality to be played out.

get some cheap compilation CD's from jb or something, such as "Top 100 80's hits, top 100 90's hits" etc and rip them in aiff or mp3 320

^ this is the best advice. If your not looking for anything particular anyway. If you are you may need to buy the tracks individually if they are not on a compilation.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone tried SBA music? Thinking of getting their monthly chart hits CD so we always have current music. They don't have a digital download option yet unfortunately. They also have 80s, 90s compilations- though we have most of that already- just need to keep up to date. It is a little pricey at $27 per CD- compared to ERG music in the states that does the same thing for $18 for two cds:/ But they won't post it to Aus due to licensing issues.

http://sbamusic.com.au/