New Laptop

pill

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 4x systems here 3x in my office and 2x have been online for months at a time no crashes

I use

one for downloading

one is for music

one for dvd stuff

one I use everyday

only time I need to do anything is a reboot after I crash it (that I can crash a mac if I play with it because you have to know what a system can do)

macs are just as easy to crash as a pc

but once setup correctly you wont have any problems

this machine has been online for:

118 days, 7 hours, 48 minutes, 50 seconds

but if you work in IT and know what you are doing it shouldnt crash....

then how do you think most of the it guys argue all the time on what works and what doesnt

but answer this why did macs decide to change the cpus to intel if intel was supose to be the worst cpus around that macs wouldnt run on!

the IT guys will argue all the time over it!

so there you go - have a nice day

Best way to keep your PC from crashing is to look after it. Don't load it up with unnecesary crap and if your income and reputation depends on it (ie for live performances) best not to connect it to the interweb at all, hence reducing your chances of picking up any nasty bugs (same should be said for drinking to much after your set and chatting to the wrong girls, lol)

but if you work in IT and know what you are doing it shouldnt crash....

then how do you think most of the it guys argue all the time on what works and what doesnt

but answer this why did macs decide to change the cpus to intel if intel was supose to be the worst cpus around that macs wouldnt run on!

the IT guys will argue all the time over it!

so there you go - have a nice day

Macs are only more stable because of the degree of lockdown of the OS. Windows has to contents with tens of thousands of hardware and software vendors,.. who knows.. hundreds of thousands perhaps... to make an OS work with all of those vendors is a near impossible task and I think microsoft have done a good job.

Yes an experienced IT tech can set these things up correctly and have a stable system. Im one of those people. But im also a person who buys gear wwich has Microsoft Certified Drivers. I dont buy cheap and nasty gear and dodgy motherboards which blow capacitors etc...

Macs are an all in one system (im generalising), they have picked the internal components carefully to give the user the best possible proven equipment for stability and reliablitiy. But hey, thats why there so expensive.

Spend the same ammount on a PC as you would a MAC amd buy good equipment and dont abuse the thing and you will never have issues.

Yes PCs can easily be as stable as macs, but the fact is that macs are more stable due to all reasons above.

Dennis.. i wish you wouldnt be so grmpy/harsh, your turning me into a dam mac support! lol i will never buy one lol

I am going to buy a MAC book Pro pretty soon... because I want something that is stable, I can plug in my audio interface (with OS X compatibility drivers), plug in my MIDI keyboard (with the same thing) and go for it! I dont want all this shit popping up asking me if I want to install these other drivers or go to processes and find these random fuck off programs I never installed.. taking up my RAM.

Yes Dennis, you are correct, PC is better than MAC, if you know how to run a PC at its fullest and safest... otherwise MAC ftw. You sit a MAC and a PC next to eachother and do the exact same thing on each... I guarantee you the pc would crash first...

And ppl like me.. dont want that, it will sit in the back of my mind that my pc is fucked, its got something wrong with it, its not running at its full capability etc.

I just want to Produce... and the MAC will let me do that, with minimal effort.

What reputable source ever claimed Intel CPU's were the worst around and that it couldn't run a Mac?

To answer your question:

1. Better performance with lower power consumption

2. Dual booting OSX and Windows using tools such as Bootcamp

• 1 month later...

I ended up buying the G73 - it absolutely chops (great for starcraft 2 as well). 17.something inch full HD LCD has vdj on one side and itunes on the other. It's heavy to carry and takes up table real estate but totally worth it!

I used to use 15 inch laptops, both around 1200px wide, and they did the job but alt tabbing is annoying (especially when the processor is so slow the song skips when you load new browser pages)