ADJF - Gig Log

legunner

Idea for a new thread, let's all post in here before we go to our gig then we can comment on the events of the night etc. (Stole Sol Dios' Idea lol)

Ill kick start it. DJing tonight at a friends 18th first party i've done in about 4 months should be interesting. Using my 2 Technic1200s my Behringer DDM4000 TSP2 and my akai apd26

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok cool just ignore me then whales

^ fookin luv you mannn.

This thread didnt exist before these gigs so this is retrolog:

I spent tues - fri in a field/doof/festival a bit mashed up....Some of the crew said I played a bit but no one is entirely positive, we just took over stage for an aft/eve on thurs and people seemed happy.

then did a skatepark opening yesterday (saturday), lord mayor covered in gold and cutting the opening ribbon. Pretended i couldnt hear him and started playing RATM killing in the name of (cued from the sweary bit) during his speech... all the skater bois just went off. Mayor had to try and pick his way out of the bowl amongst about a hundred 1st day nutters haha.

then did a wedding in the eve, it was so shit they enjoyed the grease megamix, a little bit of fire in my soul went out. :pale:

bloody mary for sunday brekkie today, tired now.

^ i feel the man is on yo back mate?

i've got a 50th birthday tonite, quite local but still gotta drive the P.A. so no grog for me.

no beats but ok playlist otherwise tho: punk/ska from the 70's 80's so the clash, the specials, the beat, the ramones etc...

They lost the playlist, so I gotta freestyle it, about 80% are greying oldies so Imma stick with 70's80's power ballads while they eat.

Will crack out some standard issue 80s party toons later with the odd pop dance.

I was told by the photographer everybody has some form of connection to horse racing. Any suggestions?

^ouch,

bob marley said: " a hungry man is an angry man."

only horse related thing I can think off is the theme to black beauty or the william tell overture. they get played to represent horses on telly and film a lot...

crap suggestion but may work in a tongue in cheek moment?

It's was pleasant. 2 brides maids danced for half an hour then got tired. I find that this play always attracts rich conservative people that invite a lot of relatives especially older ones and they just want to talk. Got told to put the music down 3 times.

How did your gig go?

similar TBH,

told to turn the music down twice, similar talky vibe for 1st few hours...

... once we got rid of the lightweights it was all systems go with ska, two tone and punk rock: the specials, the beat, the selector, the clash, iggy pop... Even though it was a 50th they were mad for it, mini mosh pit, pogo-ing etc.. some blood but no ambulances needed.. enjoyed it.