ADJF - Gig Log

legunner

Hardest thing is though most the people round here can't tell the difference between someone just syncing it all up on a computer and someone doing it properly.

^they probably dont care either.

I wouldnt normally say this but if you want to get the gig away from this other dj and you're worried about your skill level do consider using sync for now live. You can still practise real djing at home but you'll also be learning how to read a crowd live when at the gigs.

then when you have both techniques down you can always start to educate them about real djing once you are settled in and have rep.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to become more confident with my beatmatching, i just need to keep practicing at home. So thats not what im worried about.

Other advantage i have is that most of the people who go out are same age as me or one year older and coz its such a small town (under 10,000 people) im either friends with them or know who they are, so i think i can work my way in that way as well.

• 4 weeks later...

jus got home from DJing at an 18th, was alright. However wasn't expecting half the people there to be oldies, so had to change my music lists a bit from top 40 remixes to a blend of it with a bunch of old 80's and shit. but they were happy at the end of the night so i guess thats all that matters.

Hakuna matata did get played too.

hahahaha

eat my feedback:

Hi Mark

We just wanted to say a few things about the DJ you supplied us with for our wedding on the 6th August 2011. I know a few expletives and would like to use a wide array of them with regards to DJ Jim...

(I won't though!) He was quite literally fantastic. From start to finish he was a true gent, discussing the music selections we'd sent through in advance, to make sure that he had the right idea about the atmosphere we wanted to create. He did not disappoint. Earlier in the proceedings he played a wide variety of music to suit most tastes, but always playing high quality music rather than the typical garbage you normally expect from a wedding DJ (no Village People or Jive Bunny in sight!). He then went on to indulge me (the groom) with an hour of quality old school house - all mixed to perfection! And the last 20 minutes of the evening was rounded off with a superb mix of 80's cheesy rock (Bon Jovi, Guns'n'Roses etc - which delighted everybody - especially the wife!). We are properly chuffed that we chose you guys over the multitude of other pretenders. And DJ Jim was just amazing! Thank you so much!

Nev

ok well this gig was two or three months ago but ill do a gig log on it anyway.

Thursday

5:45am - wake up for work

3:00.pm - finish work, need public transport to get home.

4:30pm - get home.

4:31 start packing house to move a full house in 1 night.

10:00pm finish packing everything and we start moving everything in a single ute

10pm-3am we are moving houses whilst cleaning the old house.

4am - we get the last of the stuff to the new house.

5am - we get beds and lounges up 4 stories up a stair case.

5:45am - we catch a cab to the airport

7:45am - take off

9:00am-ish - land in goldcoast get picked up by some of the dj's im playing with, we cruise the gold coast and get some food, chill at their house for a bit.

Midday - drive down to collangatta to check in to our hotel, start drinking.

6pm - pretty pissed, half a bottle of jack down. we go down to the club to do some sound checks,

7:45pm - pass out in my bed.

9:00pm - get woken up 20 people in our room, no idea who they are haha, friends of the other dj's start drinking again.

10:00pm - head down to the club. little bit more sober. looking to be a good night,

12:30am - start playing, club is packed by this stage having heaps of fun, the other guys are behind the both jumping around getting loose, the MC is hyping the crowd up, the have a video camera, proper party

1:30am - i finish, eat a cap, time to get loose haha.

3-4am cant remember, club closes and we all go back to the hotel with a few others and continue on drinking,

8am - me and a mate go down to the resort pool and chill for a few hours.

Midday - eat pizza, then go get sushi,

rest of the day we just lounge around eating food, watching tv, smoking jays,

8pm i finialy fall asleep after being awake for 63 hours.

6:45 wake up for a cab to the airport and fly home.

awesome weekend :)