ADJF - Gig Log

legunner

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so the party went off without a hitch, people loved my mixing and most of all the song selection, i was set up in my mates 4 car garage which we just expected to be big enough... by 8:00pm no one could fit int he garage because too many people were on the dance floor, so we cut the music and brought the gear outside and finished the night off out there, amazing night but hey, i didnt end up charging my mates beacuse i got so much business out of it!.... 20 people asked for a full cd of the nights songs and all wanted to book me for their shindigs.... i am now penciled in for the following dates:

23rd July (21st birthday of my mates little brother) $70 an hour plus $150 one off to provide gear

6th August (house warming party, should be interesting because my mate is a mad club head and his parent are rich and let him do what he wants... that + 2.8mil 2500sqm house = fucken crazy party...) $150 an hour... his idea... i brought him down from $200... :lol: and gear provided, hes hireing a whole fucking stage with lights 8 speakers and a DJ booth for myself and another mate of mine

19th August (nothing big just a little 16th for a mates little cousin, but she loves my music... so much so that she moved her birthday party forward one day because of wedding, she said "I have to have you! no one else will do!" lol... little teenie clubber) $80 an hour plus $150 one off for the gear

TBA but most likely 30th September (mates 25th birthday, pretty standard in a hall in brookvale, should be fun) $100 an hour plus free drinks! :teef: and $150 one off for gear

1st October (my first wedding i have ever done... get ready for a funny gig log... hope i don't screw it up) $100 an hour, gear provided

the rest haven't given me dates yet, but all up they are mostly just house parties and birthdays, think there is a 50th in there somewhere! lol

ill keep you all posted!

wow your getting a mad pay check caps, your charging threw the ass for it hahaha

$150 an hour + getting paid for gear!!!!!! your customers are suckers lol

sol dios does it for like $10 an hour, i used to do it for about $50 an hour

For something this awesome ( and your projected income/advertising fund ) . I'd go with 2, maybe 3 camera guys.

Camera 1. - on the dance floor, mostly filming you from the crowds perspective as well as having people dancing around them.

Camera 2 - hangs around on the stage, filming your view of the crowd, some mixing that kind of thing

Camera 3 (maybe) - mainly filming hot girls dancing, dudes shuffling, people at the bar, get some testamonials/shout outs from crowd.

And most importantly

Clean audio straight from your mixer.

This way you have good quality audio a choice of 3 video sources at any given time and can edit the crowds reactions into the final version so it sounds like they going mental without taking over your entire video.

If you use year 2/3 film/events/production uni students you could probably do the whole thing for around $300-400 + some booze a the end of the night.

I have a friend who just graduated her uni course, she studied to be a director could probably hook you up. If your interested Il ask her.

capfive on the up and up mannnn.

i wanna hear about that 6th august gig on the news in the uk mate... you know something like "house party goes off... causes riot, dj signed to ministry of sound international, chickas say they will never fuck again if they cant fuk dj capfive etc...."

great work mate, nice 1.

edit

i wanna hear about that 6th august gig on the news in the uk mate... you know something like "dj causes international incident by flying plane over north korean airspace while playing team america theme tune"

great work mate, nice 1.

the dude has a fucken aeroplane hanger in his backyard... thats the only way i can explain to you how rich he is...

check it out

hanger1.jpg

he wants to set up the stage there, and have everyone dancing in there, then just have shit going on outside...

thats a fucking joke, its pretty much like a bloody concert

Who needs trussing when you have an airport hanger.

haha good luck getting the lighting up there though :P

That's what the planes are for...

imagine attaching a strobe to the propeller, n starting the plane, i recon that would look sick hahaha