ADJF - Gig Log

legunner

Yeah but lurk, I dunno if he wants cameras in there, he doesn't even know I have that pic, I had to blur out the plane license no.'s, money is no object, I was just curious, and as for the lights?? He's putting a stage in there and attaching the lights to it :lol: crazy bastard

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just do what I did, make friends with them ;)

Lol @ fool, sorry man, even if you flew over yourself, this guy is so paranoid about having people over, he is only having 300 people and he knows each one personally, he could fit 5000 if he wanted lol

grrr. just got back from a wedding function.

it was an ok/up for it crowd of about 100 but they had shit taste in music.

grrr

but I do the job whatever the situation so even though i'm polluting my ears it's all going off and they're buzzin:

Then 10 min from the end the dancefloor is packed and some cock is carrying his pint above everyones heads... fookin spillage/drippage all over... not a direct hit on my kit but a splash on my mac then my NS6 just cuts out with all power off! Didnt dare turn it back on so just ended the night there...

fookin pissed whales are the same wherever you go and coz they were too drunk to understand me explaining the risk of electrocution from turning the gear back on they all got arsey and started the nonsense.

I already got my money so just made like a banana but it was a shit end to a crap night and left me needing a rant (thanks adjf).

Checked the kit at home already and it seems ok so i'm hoping it was one of the power extensions that got splashed and shorted the power.

whales tho.

the dude has a fucken aeroplane hanger in his backyard... thats the only way i can explain to you how rich he is...

check it out

hanger1.jpg

he wants to set up the stage there, and have everyone dancing in there, then just have shit going on outside...

thats a fucking joke, its pretty much like a bloody concert

Last night I played a 30th in a wharehouse that looked exactly likethat except maybe half the size. They set me up in a loft thing so I had a pretty epic view of everyone(s tits). Sadly they wanted mostly pub rock and country...

• 2 weeks later...

So we were coming home from Dee why hotel tonight, and stopped off in beacon hill McDonald's, (mate was driving my car and I was getting sloshed) and he had a crazy idea, I had my gear in the boot from a 21st I did recently, and my car has a very nice sound system, so we set up my gear, plugged into the aux in on my.sound system and my.set was born, was only 4 of us there but within about 30 min of my set, 50 people were rocking out beside the car dancing to my sweet sweet mixing, they all loved it and I gave out some cards, cops shut me.down for noise pollution but couldn't fine me, as it was private property and no one acctually complained, I got some.hook ups for next year, I think I might make a thing of this, might start hitting up all the maccas car parks in Sydney lol was so much fun cause its a rush just busting out in public, and no one expects from my car cause its a stock standard Nissan Dualis hahaha, great fun, got the house party coming up next week so stay tuned!!!

So we were coming home from Dee why hotel tonight, and stopped off in beacon hill McDonald's, (mate was driving my car and I was getting sloshed) and he had a crazy idea, I had my gear in the boot from a 21st I did recently, and my car has a very nice sound system, so we set up my gear, plugged into the aux in on my.sound system and my.set was born, was only 4 of us there but within about 30 min of my set, 50 people were rocking out beside the car dancing to my sweet sweet mixing, they all loved it and I gave out some cards, cops shut me.down for noise pollution but couldn't fine me, as it was private property and no one acctually complained, I got some.hook ups for next year, I think I might make a thing of this, might start hitting up all the maccas car parks in Sydney lol was so much fun cause its a rush just busting out in public, and no one expects from my car cause its a stock standard Nissan Dualis hahaha, great fun, got the house party coming up next week so stay tuned!!!

Beach party was postponed a week but was fucking off the chain!

First underground thing i've been to, completely off the radar, got directions at 3pm that arve and had to trek through scrub for 10minutes to get to the destination after parking car. Was INSANE!

We were sitting there at like 9:30 with about 10-15ppl, thinking to ourselves "yup, this is gonna be all the crowd we get, fucking losers dont wanna travel for an awesome party"

Blinked at 10:30 and there was about 80-100ppl there. Was great fun!

Trek back to car & drive home at 5am wasn't good though hahaha.

I'll get some pics & video uploaded soon.

Hahah, thats fucking awesome

So last night i went and helped a DJ do an 18th, just to get some experience.

Went in thinking he was OK, as he gets gigs at the local nightclub a bit (there is only one in my town).

Anyway, he had this pioneer cdj/djm 400 setup which was cool. However it was midi mapped to Virtual DJ, and he had remapped the play button to play + sync lol. My rep for him went down from there.

He had a hard drive full of torrented songs, yet we still started to run out of decent tracks we could play to keep the crowd going by the end of the night.

So after an hour or two i started mixing every second song in, and he eventually just left me in charge. Was a bit gay having beats automatically synced, but good experience anyway. mainly to work on song selection to keep the crowd going. He said i was essentially up to the level of what his doing anyway, (however when i use my stuff i beatmatch by ear).

So if im as good as him, and he gigs at the local club, all i needa do is buy some proper gear and get myself out there :D

this is probably the greatest thing ever haha.

and @ mitch. Your skill behind the decks is actually irrelavent to whether you will get gigs or not..... it's just who you know. That's how he got his job even though hes horrible.

Your skill behind the decks is actually irrelavent to whether you will get gigs or not..... it's just who you know. That's how he got his job even though hes horrible.

It's possible that fackedd is right for this specific situation, but there are also promoters who want and recognise skill.

As with any employee one of the things that a DJ really needs to show to get work is that he his reliable and consistent.

Be there from now on, be better than him whenever you get a go. Good luck.

Yer guess you need the contacts initially and the skills to back it up.

Hardest thing is though most the people round here can't tell the difference between someone just syncing it all up on a computer and someone doing it properly.

Hopefully i'll be buying some more equipment soon and start getting some gigs round the joint. I think best way in is hitting up the local pubs and stuff as mobile gigs don't come up too often round here, everyone just goes to the pub then the club.