ADJF - Gig Log

legunner

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played last friday night at a local Pub/club were everybody goes to get the night started. played upstairs and it was pumping all night, the promoter said he has never seen it that packed before and ill be there first friday of every month for now.

Last saturday - engagement party at seaford hotel, bout 100 people, 3 hours of house/electro/background,1 hour of pub rock, last hour closed with trance.

this wed - you know how I always bitch about dance? well last week they were complaining that the kids weren't paying attention to her, so I told them to stfu and let me show them how its done. so this week I gotta nut up or shut up.

this sat - 40rth bday party, BUT they want me to also run party games and keep their kids busy. I assume they mean nutbush competitions, chicken dance, that kind of thing yeh?

lurk6r out.

seaford hotel O_O are you in adealade man, if so, you are ridiculously close to me

getting ahead of myself this weekend..

shop has called to say they expect my ns6 to be delivered today. As soon as it lands and if its ok in shop I've got about 24 hours to prep it and get used to it b4 my crew has a test run gig for our new idea:

We're going to set up a band (all mates) and me on dex. Then it's anythign goes: band plays i scratch along, band plays i mix along, band fades out i mix, i mix band joins in, solos, mcs, singers etc... anything goes.

We did a simliar thing in the 90's but based on funk/jazz/soul/breakbeat vibe.

this time we're all grown up and so is the tehcnology so literally: anything goes.

obv i'll take cdjs as back up in case ns6 cant cut the mustard/has issues.

and as i say its just mates as a dry run to see if it's a goer we should advertise.

this means no pressure., free bar, free cola, free vibes, free nelson mandela (oh no thats been done)

i honestly cant wait, feel like i'm 9 and it's christmas eve.

mate, i hope to have my head down for a while.

will def write review of ns6,

and post all the mixes i've been wanting to do

and start viddin all tutorials i need to set up.

but all will come eventually... when I get a new toy i need to spend some time with it...

^ ok so last night didnt go as planned, but def did go. had a run of good luck and the mother in law took the kids away for the whole weekend so me missus came with... short and tall of it: I was in such a rush to say yes to everything anyone was offering that by 2am i couldnt walk/focus/talk or do much else but mix.

so the new kit is still at the venue which gives me a break to start my review of it which will appear hear when i'm done:

headz fookin pounding this morning tho.

http://www.ausdjforums.com/modules.php? ... pic&t=6280

dutch courage, pre match yoga, hashcakes, wear a mask, imagine the audience naked... there's a million ways to try and keep calm and carry on but yoda would tell you:

"try not, do, or do not"

at the end of the day it's the same job mate, just do your best, good luck.

wedding tonight, playlist looks a top 40 of stuff i dont like.

tmrw is local dance college end of year party and graduation at my crews venue the musicquairum

= 200 * 21 year old student dancers feeling emotional and getting battered.

could be interesting.

p.s. i never linked you lot to the venue i'm linked to yet:

http://themusiquariumleeds.co.uk/The_musiquarium/Photos.html

July 15th - Full Moon Beach Party, small rave at local beach.

July 16th - good mates sisters 17th (His launch pad and ableton and me on the decks busting out some wubwubwub for the teens)

Can't fucking wait.. Hopefully trying to convince the runner to let me smash a fidget set at 2am after a house & progressive warmup during the night.!

so my best mate wants me to dj at a little event he is putting on, should have about 50-100 people, this coming sunday, should be fun because he gave me FULL CREATIVE FREEDOM which ia what every dj wants to hear.

gonna have my RMX in traktor, tee'd up with my mp3e2 to drop acapella's over and sample :D

jealous of ya cap!

my dance student gig last night was mint. started 7pm, good BBQ, great band, incredibly healthy girls, good music requests, and much fun had by all.... fin at 5am... will link to vids if they get posted on youtube...