ADJF - Gig Log

legunner

^ haha. not sure if srs but i'll have the kettle on in case :)

hells yeah im serial. if i am ever in leeds ill pop by. just not sure when ill be in leeds is all :lol: but you never never know!

played a trail gig on friday night, its an underage nightclub, nothing spesh, had to play charts/pop/mainstream music all night...all went well, got the job, will be playing every friday now...not the kinda club i want to be in but money is money and it will build my confidence for the big boys club

nice one mann. job is a job right. and the one underage i went to many moons ago, the crowd was still expecting the same from the dj as they would any club. but i guess this place had under 18's and over 18's all co-mingled.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my first gig on Friday night..

Rocked up at 8 to set my decks up and connect them to the sound system, probably allowed too much time as I was done by 10 past and had 50 minutes to kill, that was all good tho as I got to talk to the bar manager and staff for a while..

bout 5 to 9 (set was at 9) some of my mates start rocking in and I start playing at 9

by 915 there are about 30 of my mates there so nice little crew as bar doesnt really start cranking till 10 normally.. played some prog house first up then some remixes of some top 40 shit and then some harder stuff towards the end (the dj after me plays some pretty hard shit so i thought it was appropriate)

Finished playing at 10:10, everyone who was there though it was real good and the bar manager loved it. Playing there this friday as well, the owner will be there this time so hopefully he likes also. He wants me to play the same set but I am thinking I will change it up.. anyhow it was sick fun, super pumped!

Did the school gig today. They called me 30 min before i was supposed to arrive and set up to tell me theyve moved me from the hall into the atrium. Turns out that their talent show was gonna go overtime.

Sooo, i set up in the atrium, which is a fancy way of saying, area in between 3 or more buildings that has been incased in glass. It actually looked pretty cool, except that it was more or less in broad daylight and all the girls were inside the hall.

20 minutes later they ask if i wanted to relocate into the hall when they finish. I agree. So i rip everything down, get my army of groupies and carry everything back stage. They do their thing. Then I setup everything [s4,amp,4speakers] in 5 minutes and the place was rocking.

I continued to play for 25 min and then had to call last song. Overall i was a little bit annoyed that It was that short, but everybody was really happy and energetic so its all good. The coordinator asked if I had business cards, cause he knows which girls are turning 18 soon. ;teef; Big ups to him.

Music wise it 25 min of worth of 2-3 top 40 remixes. Second last song was shots. Thats right, I played shots in Catholic High School. Something disturbing/arousing about 1000 school girls yelling out "SUCK OUR COCKS". But I filtersweeped that bit so the teachers didn't really mind.

Just got back from my new residency, had a mad night, was mixing pretty decent, got paid this time (last time was my trial) even got to play Dubstep at the end...only downside, i wanted to drop tomy's remix of somebody i used to know, and this mad adele remix i found today but i forgot to play them both....FUCK!@....next time