ADJF - Gig Log

legunner

So my first club gig!

Was an interesting night, really fun though, I wasn't nervous at all and just had a ball with it!

Got to meet some big players in the local scene who where all really chill, and showed me there mixing tecniques. (Bodyjacka's, Plastic People) Really top blokes!

Only bit that went bad was we found out the venue didn't have the sufficuant licencing to play till early morning, So I got told to go hard with commercial club stuff right from the get-go.

Also had a wierd moment in the 3rd transition where I was mixing in a song, and for some reason it sounded to me like it was trainwrecking even though it wasn't, so I just cut the old track out. Messed up what would have been a good transition.

I really like my transition into devotion.

Played 2 less mainstream tracks (Devotion and American Hussle) to freshen things up, was about to go back into commercial and then that guy came up with the usual (PLAY SOMETHING WE KNOW BLABLABLA).

Had this really fucked up error where half my tracks wouldn't load, which was why american hussle was left in for so long. I Cant seem to find a solution but I reformatted the usbs again and uploaded the songs to it through rekord box and I was still getting the issue.

WP_20130427_002.jpg

Cant seem to find what the issue was, but aparently it might have been the firmware version on the cdj.

Anyway! Enjoy the video! (Not the best quality, but came out better than expected seeing as it's just my lumia 920 on a tripod)

Just listened to about 20 something minutes of the set (then accidentally refresh page) but sounded bangin'

Good work chief

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played at my Uni Bar Night last night.. was a pretty cool UV setup.

5hr set which I moved through Tech House/Techno -> Progressive -> commercial/remixs/electro -> trance

Track of the night was Wayfarer by Audien.. so many looks of WTF is this..? Its awesome!!! 8O

Photo of me pre gig with everything set up:

396935_525261484182437_1164129143_n.jpg

Pretty surprised a uni party was digging good tunes as well.

Uni nights are honestly my favourite gigs. Uni students are nuts. We play every wednesday uni night at our pub/club, the uni students party at the uni then get dropped off in bus loads into town. We play anything we want and they froth hard, pretty much nothing commercial.

Pretty surprised a uni party was digging good tunes as well.

Uni nights are honestly my favourite gigs. Uni students are nuts. We play every wednesday uni night at our pub/club, the uni students party at the uni then get dropped off in bus loads into town. We play anything we want and they froth hard, pretty much nothing commercial.

That's sick need to hook up some uni gigs by the sound of things.

• 4 weeks later...

Got reminded why I love djing and producing tonight... had the warm up set, 9-12. I love doing the warm up set sometimes as you have full control of setting the mood, and there is always the challenge of getting the first few people on the dancefloor. Started off like I usually do with plenty of tech and deep house, moving into some more boppy tech house, then a series of old school crowd pleasers for about 15-20 mins to get everyone on the d-floor and then just play whatever I want. I got to test out a couple of new work in progress bootlegs I have been working on for my solo/side project, and they went down probably the best out of anything I played which was good to see! Anyway the place ended up rammed full, it was an awesome crowd, awesome vibes. Good times!

Got reminded why I love djing and producing tonight... had the warm up set, 9-12. I love doing the warm up set sometimes as you have full control of setting the mood, and there is always the challenge of getting the first few people on the dancefloor. Started off like I usually do with plenty of tech and deep house, moving into some more boppy tech house, then a series of old school crowd pleasers for about 15-20 mins to get everyone on the d-floor and then just play whatever I want. I got to test out a couple of new work in progress bootlegs I have been working on for my solo/side project, and they went down probably the best out of anything I played which was good to see! Anyway the place ended up rammed full, it was an awesome crowd, awesome vibes. Good times!

sounds boss mate congrats

send me sneaky sneaky of upcoming booty's?? :P

sounds boss mate congrats

send me sneaky sneaky of upcoming booty's?? :P

Haha will do man, i'll send em out once finished ;) Gonna be launching my new project pretty soon anyway so they will all be up on soundcloud eventually!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Played the loosest gig last night. Supported will sparks, we were on 2-3am after him. First time in ages me and kane have played a gig together because he moved to sydney a few months ago, so we were buzzing hard to play a proper mental bombaclat set haha. It was ram packed the whole night, everyone was losing their minds at every track haha it was such a good crowd. Our club just got a new sound system put in too which made it a shitload better compared to the crappy system we had before. Tested out heaps of new bootlegs and they all went down really well. Super stoked with how it all went.

• 3 months later...

Great night, really interesting playing vs's with someone I have never met before. His hard dance was alot more mellow than mine.

Crowd loved us though, the promoter/organiser/manage wants to get me back so I guess it was a success.

On a side note, the 2000 nexus have way fucking too much visual assistance.

played my first gig last night at a house party( finally out of the bedroom) it was weird because i wasn't nervous at all whereas the other guy who djed was nervous as, the gig was short lived because alot of people showed up gate crashed etc and everyone was really drunk so it got closed down. It was a really good learning experience especially djing for over 100 people for my first gig, learning how people respond to what songs etc... i used cdj 800's mk2 and a djm 700 which i really enjoy using(love the cd's) I ended up hiring from dj city the 15 inch AVE's i was using i was really impressed with they filled the large property i was on with sound and i had them on the floor so there was some bass. all in all a good experience. hoping i can dj all the 18ths in the coming year.