ADJF - Gig Log

legunner

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just played a gig for the first night of O-Week here in Wagga. Charlotte and James from Geordie Shore were coming to our club as a guest appearance, I knew it would be a massive drawcard, and holy shit! The place was probably the most packed its ever been. Definitely the funnest and most hectic set we have played. We played from 9-12, all the uni students rocked up at about 10ish, we just played heaps of underground shit, dutch, heaps of our own tunes, and a few mainstream tracks. Everyone was going nuts the whole time, it was like a sauna tho, mental.

• 2 weeks later...

Played last night with heyshep at the arthouse hotel with zeds dead kill the noise and boys noize. Absolutely epic!

To start the day future was awesome! Most people absolutely killed it with their sets.

Saw this sneaky bugger repping pirates: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

Our set was heaps fun and we got to stay and watch some big hitters play, all in all a fun day.

To check out more of our stuff click: http://www.facebook.com/wearepiratedjs

• 2 weeks later...
played that gig at the art house with le gunner. Feed me turned up and played b2b with kill the noise. never been to a party like it.

vamp music can party

Fuck yeah.

Played candys last night. Went to whaat club to watch gremm1s turn up late for his set ;) hahaha cheeky whale.

Was a pre fun night!

• 1 month later...

So my first club gig!

Was an interesting night, really fun though, I wasn't nervous at all and just had a ball with it!

Got to meet some big players in the local scene who where all really chill, and showed me there mixing tecniques. (Bodyjacka's, Plastic People) Really top blokes!

Only bit that went bad was we found out the venue didn't have the sufficuant licencing to play till early morning, So I got told to go hard with commercial club stuff right from the get-go.

Also had a wierd moment in the 3rd transition where I was mixing in a song, and for some reason it sounded to me like it was trainwrecking even though it wasn't, so I just cut the old track out. Messed up what would have been a good transition.

I really like my transition into devotion.

Played 2 less mainstream tracks (Devotion and American Hussle) to freshen things up, was about to go back into commercial and then that guy came up with the usual (PLAY SOMETHING WE KNOW BLABLABLA).

Had this really fucked up error where half my tracks wouldn't load, which was why american hussle was left in for so long. I Cant seem to find a solution but I reformatted the usbs again and uploaded the songs to it through rekord box and I was still getting the issue.

WP_20130427_002.jpg

Cant seem to find what the issue was, but aparently it might have been the firmware version on the cdj.

Anyway! Enjoy the video! (Not the best quality, but came out better than expected seeing as it's just my lumia 920 on a tripod)

Mmm interesting issue there.

Were your USB's 3.0 by any chance?

As far as i know 8302 is primarily a link issue, i have experience when playing off the laptop via pro dj link.

The link doesn't seem that great on cdj 900s tbh, have found it fine on 2000s though.

Would suggest using two usbs next time you play on 900s.