ADJF - Gig Log

legunner

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Played my first club set last night! Was at Basement 279, rock up with my crew of roughly 12-15 people and it's deaaad, we probably made up a quarter of the people. Went to check out gear which I had done previously and realised that they don't in fact have a serato box... Looks like I'm playing my first gig using CDJs for the first time! It was a vs. set with Glass Mirrors, ended up playing 3-4 tracks each and alternating. My only real screw up was playing the same song twice accidentally I was so nervous! Managed to mix in a new track quickly and without disaster. Overall, was mad fun and just put down a deposit on a DN-X1600 to celebrate (picking it up tomorrow, so excited :D).

Played my first club set last night! Was at Basement 279, rock up with my crew of roughly 12-15 people and it's deaaad, we probably made up a quarter of the people. Went to check out gear which I had done previously and realised that they don't in fact have a serato box... Looks like I'm playing my first gig using CDJs for the first time! It was a vs. set with Glass Mirrors, ended up playing 3-4 tracks each and alternating. My only real screw up was playing the same song twice accidentally I was so nervous! Managed to mix in a new track quickly and without disaster. Overall, was mad fun and just put down a deposit on a DN-X1600 to celebrate (picking it up tomorrow, so excited :D).

good job man. :thumleft:

:megusta:

After the success that was my first set I got asked back to play at Basement the following week! Played last night, was pretty unprepared as I was in hospital with some serious tonsilitis following an overly hektik 1st Birthday at survivor but the gig went REALLY well! Heaps of friends came down to support <3, owner was really impressed with my crew and my tunes and offered me more gigs on the spot :megusta:

Well done champ :)

Thankyou! :yahoo:

Are you Anditz? Lol

He played basement last night too pretty sure,, plus frequents survivor (best club)

Anditz is either Andy [name removed] or Andy [name removed] then I'm guessing, my money would be on Massa as I believe he frequents vivor. I play under Shedbug and promote for Survivor so I'm there aaaallll the time (Yeah it's pretty fucking sick).

Is that your personal setup?

Professional as heck! How long does it take to setup by yourself though O_O

only part of it is. my full setup is considerably larger. so lights are mine speakers are not (next door neighbour offered to lend them to her for the night, i charged same rate and didnt have to bring half my shit)

i lent the equipment out to my friend to use (knowing ide be at her house the next week to dj her party) and she set it all up for me that night

normally its about 40min setup without crossbar. but alittle longer with the bar.

long story short. i charged normal rate for night, didnt have to set anything up. partyed, small packup, went home

Why does it take me almost an hour and a half to setup mine then :S

are the lights permanently mounted to the top bars of the stands?

nope :teef:

you just have to be organised. all my lights have their own case/storage. cords are labeled and untangled and seperately packed for next gig. the stands ony take about 1 minute each to erect. (i dont attach lights as it makes it too heavy to get bar up) so i attach each seperately which only takes like 10 minutes. securing cabaling is the longest job. as for deck setup thats easy when i only bring a controller. which routes directly via xlr link to sub and speakers.