ADJF - Gig Log

legunner

This happened a couple months ago, but this is probably the most appropriate place to post. I had a 10 minute slot at the dance studio to play whatever I wanted as long as it worked with the dances. Messed it up a bit cause I was also in charge of filming the night and had to make sure everything was running smoothly, but everybody had a good time.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a gig last night for Oktoberfest, we were starting the night from 10-12, played a good set, not too hectic and warmed up well for the next dj we think!

Tonight is the big one though, got the Foreshore Sound Search final, winner gets announced tonight for a spot at Foreshore, so yeah, shitting bricks right now hahah.

Had a gig last night for Oktoberfest, we were starting the night from 10-12, played a good set, not too hectic and warmed up well for the next dj we think!

Tonight is the big one though, got the Foreshore Sound Search final, winner gets announced tonight for a spot at Foreshore, so yeah, shitting bricks right now hahah.

was that in canberra at academy?

• 2 weeks later...

Had a heaps fun gig the other night. We were meant to warm up 10-12, we played some chilled stuff till about 10:30, nek minut, place is packed so we just ripped into it.

We are starting to get better at controlling the energy of the place, we would play a really energetic 10-15 mins, then slow it down a bit so people could get drinks, then we would go energetic again and everyone would be dancing, we just kept doing that and it worked really well.

The club manager was actually really stoked with the stuff we were playing and how good the vibe was for a change, it's usually pretty commercial music, rnb etc, so I think people found it refreshing to hear some decent electro. We were meant to finish at 12 but the next DJ got his set time wrong and didn't turn up till 1, so we got an extra hour to play which was pretty sweet. All in all, very fun night!