ADJF - Gig Log

legunner

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played at the bar again last night, this time the owner was there checking me out. The place was pretty busy very early but there was a massive AFL match on last night also and most people were watching the fucking football instead of grooving on the DF haha so anyway played my set, everyone thought it was good again, even got a compliment from the DJ playing after me because I dont use a computer like most ppl down here. The owner really liked it, booked me in for 8 schoolies gigs plus a 3 hour set in the middle of december, all payed!!! so stoked right now! now I got to make sure I have enough stuff to fill 3 hours haha

Nice one Suby. I done a 21st for a player from the Gold Coast Suns AFL team last night and I had the same problem, everyone was too interested in the footy rather than having a party.

ha yeah how good was it? lol oh well shit happens I guess, how was the rest of it once the footy was over?

good work hobz and pun.

had a shit one last night, 30th surprise birthday organised by the guyss missus, playlist was all sexy urban, drum n bass and poppy dubstep so I was thinking: this is gonna be fun.

turns out she forgot to invite any of his mates. Place had about 25 people in it, all olds, average age about 50. He, her and and her sister were the only people under 40 except for ankle biters.

Couldnt win whatever I played so 5 hours of playing start stop for foolish :(

back to crews venue next weekend :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished another house party. Better than I expected, except for one chick that kept asking for LMFAO- Sexy and I know it. She kept bugging me and started to get rude so I didnt play it for her and told her "Fuck off whale". Achaly said whale, it just slipped out. LOL

I was set up in the lounge room and there were probably 60 odd people crammed into the lounge room/back patio, there was a chick walking around with a DSLR all night so hopefully she got photos of all the girls so I can share with you all, 90% of them were pretty good looking.

Overall pretty good night, even stayed sober and was mixing like a BAWS :D

My gig last night was pretty g, even though i didn't play that much as it was my friend who had the gig, we kinda just kept swapping coz he was feeling a bit sick.

It's was soooo easy just rocking up with everything already setup, all i had to do was plug in 2 of my lights and i was done. Also good coz i got to play some pretty heavy stuff like Darth & Vader as well as the fact that I was getting good ideas for tracks for future gigs as im not that up to scratch with mainstream stuff.

nice one boys! sounds like you both had good nights...

I played again at the bar I have been playing at, this time I was only meant to play for an hour but the guy who was on after me came up and asked me if I wanted to play a bit longer which I was pumped on as normally the time I finish is when the place is packed (its at maximum with 130 ppl), so I played an extra 30 mins and it was going off! threw in some mash ups which went down a treat and I played sexy and i know it (lol @ hobberz) and i swear everyone was dancing in the whole place, even tho its a shit song hahaha was good fun. everyone was pretty pumped with it, the bar manager commented on how many people I was bringing in early too so I was pumped on that.

pumped for everyone on here! It seems like a lot of people are getting work which is awesome!

Did a 19th last night, was a dressup party so duffman was up behind the decks destroying shit, went really well, couple of top munters kept the dancefloor alive for the entire night, busted out some hip-hop and old classics which everyone loved, likewise with dubstep. All in all a really fun night.

Played again at After Dark Social Club on Sat night, was probably the most fun I've had mixing so far, great vibe had the room jamming (even had a couple of street dancers doing the worm and the odd handstand or backflip!)

Will have some photos up on the minx and meow fan page soon!

weirdest gig last night, got a call about 5:30pm asking if I wanted to play a 9 - 10pm set so I jumped right on that, got down to the place and started playing, there was fuck all people there and I hadnt told anyone I was even playing cause of the late notice. Place started filling up around 10 kept playing 10:30 comes around still playing, 11 comes around still playing, asked the bar manager when the other dj's were coming, he said they were meant to be here an hour ago and could I keep on playing till they got here i said for sure, 11:30 comes around, still playing (only really had enough good stuff to fill 2 hours so I was starting to peak out a little) 11:45 comes around and a replacement dj shows up to start for the remaining hour and a quarter. Didnt really feel all that good mixing wise I was a little off but the place was packed and going off so I cant really ask for more than that... weird night.