DnB Dj

dechnician

Hi,

novice DnB dj from perth, loved the music for 5-6 years.

Started mixing bout 6months ago, only bin goin to gigs ( beleive it or not) for

The last few months.. Dunt kno why i hadnt earlier

Becoz every ones bin fucking amazing!!

Still using serato, but understand theres not much/no respect given for visual aids/"laptop dj's", especially in the DnB community, so weening of it slowly. Its a great starting point tho, and cheaper and quicker way to store/play your tunes.

This seems like a decent forum, need A few technical probs sorted already, but ill hit up the other sections.

Cheers :thumright:

Sean.

• 5 weeks later...
yellow :safe:

yeah mate better get off serato, only the crappy pretend guys like grooverider and roni size use it.

hahaha, im starting to use my ear, BUT its such a good medium for your tracks. sooo much time and money saved getting records made. i went to BSE feat. grooverider so i knew he used serato, but he wasnt using the visual aid too much, he made an effort to staying infront of the decks. I didnt know roni size used it, i thought he was oldshcool.

yellow :safe:

yeah mate better get off serato, only the crappy pretend guys like grooverider and roni size use it.

hahaha, im starting to use my ear, BUT its such a good medium for your tracks. sooo much time and money saved getting records made. i went to BSE feat. grooverider so i knew he used serato, but he wasnt using the visual aid too much, he made an effort to staying infront of the decks. I didnt know roni size used it, i thought he was oldshcool.

pretty sure roni size uses it. i think its even on the serato website. honestly mate it doesnt matter, if its good enuff for legends its good enuff for plebs!

if you really are too worried about relying on it put your laptop to your side. so all you do is load the track and then thats it, the rest is the same