your shot 2012

Lurk6r

I thought about it, but in all honesty I think it's a massive fucking wank.

Kinda is, seems like their look for hot people who bounce around rather mix, but if you got nothing on that night then it cant hurt right?

Would rather work and earn moneys to be honest.

It'll be a bunch of whales all playing the same Nicky Romero and Flux Pavillion tracks wearing snapbacks trying to get le famous so they can say "OMG I PLAYD AT STEREO!!!"

That kind of thing is everything that's wrong with the world of DJ'ing.

This is gonna be full of cants that just decided yeah I should be a DJ for no fucking reason....

being a DJ is a side product to being a music junkie but with all this pish going on whales just think they can become DJ's cos it's cool. Fuck all cool about it. Especially when your music collection is probably fuck all and whatever you do have is bought from itunes from a top 100 list.

fuck that....

/rant

even though i completely agree with you guys about it being a wank, it is still great exposure

ive entered in it, im not doing it so i can get a gig at stereo though, im doing it so i can play a set exactly how i want and not have to put cheese in to keep the bishes happy. and if somoene sees me play and likes what i have to offer, then i get a gig playing 100% the music i want to play, WIN

if not, then so be it, itll be a good bit of networking and experience

Scottie, they provide dj training for everyone who makes it past interviews, so you don't need to know how to dj to enter

Surely the ones with prior experience would get in over someone who just rocks up and says imma dj. No way around it though I guess, unless they made you upload a mix.

Scottie, they provide dj training for everyone who makes it past interviews, so you don't need to know how to dj to enter

Surely the ones with prior experience would get in over someone who just rocks up and says imma dj. No way around it though I guess, unless they made you upload a mix.

Nope actually they go for the ones with no experience more, its not about actual djing you dont link anything or whatever.

You just gotta be in the look out, check your local event guides n shit, obviously our forum is dope for it cause out of so many of us, some1 has to see something, thats actually how i found out bout the dnb comp, in Perth we have drum media and the xpress magazine, usually you'll see a full page where it says dj comp