Think You Can DJ Better Than Paris Hilton - ADJF Mix Comp

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its good to see people jumping on this

this forum has helped countless people with their mixing (myself included) by offering constructive criticism and steering them in the right direction. No one will get flamed or made fun of if their mix isnt of pro quality, so there is nothing to lose :)

any beginner DJ who doesnt take part in this is a fool :)

goodluck to everyone who enters and good on you for getting involved :salut:

What is meant by transition times? The rough time each track starts? Or the time where both tracks are playing simultaneously? I got a mix I can use, that I have already done, has 7 tracks but one is a pre-recorded intro. Does this count?

edit: Actually it would be more fun to do up a new one...

it'd be preferred you do a new one up

the idea of the comp is to also get people active and mixing

and basically you just need to indicate where you have started each track during the mix

Yep... Will work out some tunes tomorrow. I had planned on working on my car stereo tomorrow, but it is raining here and I have nowhere undercover to work.

Should probably confirm I can get in on this first?

FFFFuuuuuuuuu Soundcloud and your copyright bullshit.

Now to find an intro I like, that suits the first song to pad out the first part of the mix. I knew the song I chose to start with would get picked up too!!!

edit: Ok... Crap intro added so I now got this up on Soundcloud. Email sent.... :thumleft:

Now to find an intro I like, that suits the first song to pad out the first part of the mix. I knew the song I chose to start with would get picked up too!!!

edit: Ok... Crap intro added so I now got this up on Soundcloud. Email sent.... :thumleft:

Thanks bro

hey mate, in future if you leave a few seconds of silence at the start of the mix, soundcloud wont pick up any copyright stuff

IMO most people know within themselves if they are eligible. If you don't think you are, this comp is not for you.

Yeah, i think you're right, i don't think i'm that great but i'm above beginner level, i can mix smoothly these days so i don't wanna take away from any other beginners.

So far thank you to Vaughn, Melody and DrC1 for your entries. Anyone else wishing to join remember ALL mixes are due this Sunday.

Also ALL ENTRIES MUST include the ADJF website url in the name of the mix. URL: http://www.ausdjforums.com

Unfortunately at this stage NO PRIZES will be given away due to lack of mixes we have received, so if you're a newb don't let these guys down that have taken the time to have a crack.

I dont wanna point fingers but Im calling on Sol, Styga, Hoddi, AlexJ, scottie584, Pending and I am sure there are more.