Think You Can DJ Better Than Paris Hilton - ADJF Mix Comp

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i agree more people should get in on this. its all about giving it a go and nobody entering is going to be perfect. its not going to be negative but positive and will help us newbies show off what we can do and get help to improve. don't let your ego stop you from trying coz its about getting better :D

yeah i agree more people should get in on this. its all about giving it a go and nobody entering is going to be perfect. its not going to be negative but positive and will help us newbies show off what we can do and get help to improve. don't let your ego stop you from trying coz its about getting better :D

:salut:

:salut:

quoted for da troof.

Let him in. If none of the juniors are interested, why not make it open ?

The idea of the competition isn't just another comp. It has been specifically geared towards beginners purely because hobberz, the rest of staff, and alot of the DJ's on the forum want to help people improve. That is 100% the reason why this comp exists.

IMO most people know within themselves if they are eligible. If you don't think you are, this comp is not for you.

Heck I remember when I first joined and I only had my tiny mixtrack midi controller, I practiced for hours every night, posted my first mix after a couple of weeks and remember Hobberz, pundaddy, gandy and a few others replied within a day, listened to my mix and gave me transition by transition feedback and steered me in the right direction. now a year on i've played at clubs, happy with the way I can DJ and still pushing the boundaries of my skills.

^This kind of encouragement and feedback is exactly what this comp is about. The comp was just a way to provoke the more inexperienced members who would not normally post a mix to have a go. If you still can't be bothered/don't wanna put the time in, maybe DJing isn't for you

couldnt of said it better myself, everyone here including none staff members such as myself and Andyman etc want to help those who dont have the experience, when i learnt to dj i wasnt a part of this forum, i had no 1 to help me along with my transitions etc, i had to do it all myself, i wouldve loved if i had people to help me along and give me feedback, i wouldve made it to where i am now much much quicker

sorry i think what I had in my head is not what I wrote. and what I wrote was way too harsh.

truth be told im definatly part of the crowd that probably should enter this comp, but dont want to say I will if I dont think ill have the time to organise myself to do it right. If I manage to pull my shit together then ill ask to join myself but in the meantime i sincerely apologise for my comments.

Let him in. If none of the juniors are interested, why not make it open ?

The idea of the competition isn't just another comp. It has been specifically geared towards beginners purely because hobberz, the rest of staff, and alot of the DJ's on the forum want to help people improve. That is 100% the reason why this comp exists.

IMO most people know within themselves if they are eligible. If you don't think you are, this comp is not for you.

Heck I remember when I first joined and I only had my tiny mixtrack midi controller, I practiced for hours every night, posted my first mix after a couple of weeks and remember Hobberz, pundaddy, gandy and a few others replied within a day, listened to my mix and gave me transition by transition feedback and steered me in the right direction. now a year on i've played at clubs, happy with the way I can DJ and still pushing the boundaries of my skills.

^This kind of encouragement and feedback is exactly what this comp is about. The comp was just a way to provoke the more inexperienced members who would not normally post a mix to have a go. If you still can't be bothered/don't wanna put the time in, maybe DJing isn't for you

Understand completely, and I'm thankful for the opportunity because i don't ever get much constructive criticism on my mixes, which is why i would always attempt to get in these competitions for some feedback, but last thing i want is for this comp to get scrapped completely... :(