Hullo ... from sydney

djed

hi everyone ...

DJ ing has been my hobby since high school. Still have the same 2 x 1210 for almost 20 years now LOL. Now i'm still stuck with the music i grew up with too ... playing old skool rnb, hip hop, dj remixes services (funkymix, wicked mix, mixx it etc etc), and mid-late 90s house, anyone else into this ? :oops:

my setup consists of djm900, 2x1210s and 2xdns3500. i would love to learn more about effects, loops, can anyone point me which direction to go?

hey ed welcome :safe:

well with old school hip hop theres a couple of us ol' timers here! and a couple of the lads get into "oldish" school (albeit from the golden era 90's).

in terms of rnb im down with new jack! or 2 step from the early noughties.

and love the old school house. anything with a bit of funk (horns and keys) or chilled with some fat funky bass.

in terms of effects and loops.... ummm dont use em so ill let the other cats hop on it.

ez

I'm also still a big fan of golden era 90's hip hop and rnb. I'm more daisy age than Gangsta and don't have anywhere near the memory that eggs has maintained.... but a good beat is a good beat and I'll never deny that.

89-94 was my era for house/acid/techno

looking fwd to sharing some memories around the boards mate :)

• 3 weeks later...