Hi from an old schooler :)

Statsfodder

just joined (obviously lol) i'm an old school Dj having a mid life crisis and reliving the former glory albeit in my lounge room :)

seeing this *mixorstfu* makes me remember "f**K off i'm mixing" t-shirts hehe

anyway can't wait to have a look at what this site is about and as it says in my bio i may get brave and hit record for the odd comp.

btw is an old hand that is getting back into classed as a noob or would i have to play against the big boys? *tunez*

i have 1 on soundcloud but it is a bit of a train wreck in the middle... bound to happen with 3 tracks at once, only using mouse and a good 70% of care erased by vodka :teef: LOL http://soundcloud.com/ben-noll/megamix-dj-dom

DJ DoM is something i'm trying on for size as i'm 34, 2 kids, wife, wanting to dj again = dirty old man... i need something better than my old school moniker of "Dj-B" :lmao:

the above mix is the typical story of amazing mix after amazing mix feeling god-like, then hitting "record" and all of a sudden your going at it like a tone-deaf 5 yr old with ADD and a gut full of redbull :evil: LOL!!!!

btw anyone know why my main sound out lags 1/2 beat behind what is coming through my head phones? would it be the processing by the surround sound unit?

ez,

soz i never said hi b4. I'm 38, I earn my living djing but to make it work I do pretty much any gigs for money so mobile and teaching as well as the odd one I actually enjoy. Also 2 kids etc but live in UK. What i'm saying is you aren't alone amongst all these young uns.

I would post that mix and the questions about it in a new thread in the mixes sections.

Or:

even though it sounds odd maybe it would be worth posting it in beginners? I know you are no noob but you may get more replies/helpers if you post in beginners. And I guess beginning again is kinda like a beginning.

:safe:

I know exactly what you mean mate. I used to get a pal to sneak in and press record when I was flowing, otherwise it may as well have been a trainwreck button not a record button.

Now I just dont give a shit, my mixes are ropey but I know they work on dancefloors, i get paid, I get overit lol!

but i meant this q:

anyone know why my main sound out lags 1/2 beat behind what is coming through my head phones? would it be the processing by the surround sound unit?

You'll get more knowledge posting that somewhere else mate :)

Introductions

First port of call for new users. Intro's only; don't ask your questions or post tracks here..

If you want feedback on your tracks or mixes, post them in The Music section :thumright:

If you want to ask questions, pick the right places too.

Cheers

Introductions

First port of call for new users. Intro's only; don't ask your questions or post tracks here..

If you want feedback on your tracks or mixes, post them in The Music section :thumright:

Cheers

oops... kinda did both of them in the one post LOL .. edit button here i come :salut:

edit: eek umm no edit option for the post... can a mod nuke the naughty bits?

Introductions

Cheers

oops... kinda did both of them in the one post LOL .. edit button here i come :salut:

edit: eek umm no edit option for the post... can a mod nuke the naughty bits?

I answered your Q as a one off, we will let it be.

Just keep in mind for future :thumright: