2013 Noob Mix Comp

Just putting it out there wondering if we got enough inexperienced new members for a Noob mix comp yet? I know we got new members, but quite a lot seem to be experienced/working DJ's. But there certainly are a few who are less experienced and just getting into DJing.

I know personally, last year's comp provided invaluable assistance with learning what the hell I was doing. The feedback from the judges helped me considerably.

Last year's thread and Submissions.

So feedback from people about whether we have any interest? Anyone interested put your hand up here so we can see....

We'll be running it again (as well as some other things that are being discussed)

The ability to run comps like this relies on the availability of staff etc, and it's coming up to end of semester so shit is getting hectic

Noted, though.

• 3 weeks later...
imo, this should go ahead like last year.

if staff & others are kinda busy we could just set some basic rules and have it as a 'whole forum poll' on winner?

Yeah that's it can basically run itself if everyone agrees on some rules and time etc.

Oxykon does not work in a club.

Far from a Noob, see what I'm saying. :D

Dam I was hoping that might mean I can partake in the comp :P

Jokes

Well I do have a radio gig, and have been in clubs before, but any way, I don't mind helping out with the judging

FFS

IF this comp & thread were to be organised and run WITHOUT the busy ADJF staff, it would be nice to actually keep on topic and try and fight the urge to ask stupid non productive questions.

This is no doubt why staff feel the need to moderate everything...

We can organise and execute this comp on our own terms and rules with great achievement.

Also. Thread is NOT off topic.

When it comes to new DJs on on a dj forum doing thier best and putting thier mixes out for productive criticism.

Things like Dolan awards and what not is just stupid.

Come on guys...

FFS

IF this comp & thread were to be organised and run WITHOUT the busy ADJF staff, it would be nice to actually keep on topic and try and fight the urge to ask stupid non productive questions.

We can organise and execute this comp on our own terms and rules with great achievement.

When it comes to new DJs on on a dj forum doing thier best and putting thier mixes out for productive criticism.

Come on guys...

thankyou

FFS

Come on guys...

thankyou

Completely agree here